Italian Meatloaf Sliders are anything but ordinary. My mini meatloaf sliders layer sliced meatloaf, marinara, mozzarella, and parmesan cheeses inside Hawaiian slider buns, brush them with Italian spiced garlic butter, and bake them until bubbly. Serve them as a quick meal or appetizer in under 30 minutes! Everyone will love them!
All around the country kids are going back to school. Back to school means back to all of their extracurricular activities, too, which for parents means life just got a whole lot busier. But just because life is busy, doesn’t mean that you cannot gather your family around the table for a home-cooked meal, and catch up on the day.
Easy meals that taste delicious, come together quickly, with minimal ingredients are key to times like these. This Meatloaf Slider recipe is perfect and fits all of these categories.
This recipe is sponsored by Great American Comfort Classics, but my opinions of their products and statements made here are all my own.
Back-to-School Weeknight Meals
For us, “back to school” had a whole different meaning this year. This year, our twins went off to college and left us home alone. I have been home with kids for almost 27 years! To say that this is an adjustment is a true understatement. I am more comfortable cooking for 12 than I am cooking for 2.
But that is another benefit of making a recipe like baked meatloaf sliders, no matter how large or small your family is, you can adjust this recipe to suit who you are cooking for.
GREAT AMERICAN COMFORT CLASSICS BEEF MEATLOAF SLICES
If you have been following along with me the last couple of months, you have heard me talk about a new frozen food line by Great American Foods called Comfort Classics. They are fairly new to our area, and I have to say, that we have tried them all and have really liked the taste and the simplicity of them.
The Great American Comfort Food Collection has Southern Style Chicken Breast Fillets, Country Fried Steaks, Chicken & Waffle Style Bites, Crispy Steak Strips, and these Beef Meatloaf Slices that I will be using in this easy Italian Meatloaf Slider recipe.
WHY YOU’RE SURE TO LOVE THIS RECIPE
- Quick and Easy: These cheesy meatloaf sliders, packed with Italian flavor come together within minutes. They make a great weeknight meal, and they are also perfect for tailgating and for party appetizers, too!
- Delicious & Full of Protein: Full of protein from the beef meatloaf slices and the mozzarella and parmesan cheese, these little sliders are sure to fill you up and satisfy your tummy.
- Family-Friendly: The whole family is sure to love these yummy sliders! Sure, you can enjoy meatloaf as a basic meal, but turn them into Italian sliders, and watch everyone’s faces light up!
Ingredients in Italian Meatloaf Sliders
Be sure not to miss the full measurements and instructions in the recipe card below!
- Hawaiian Slider Buns: In the past, I have always used the Hawaiian rolls for my Roast Beef Sliders and my Ham Sliders, but now they offer them in actual slider buns, 9 to a pack, already sliced and ready!
- Marinara Sauce: your favorite jar brand or you can always make your own homemade marinara!
- Great American Comfort Classics Sliced Beef Meatloaf: Sure, you could use leftover meatloaf for this recipe, but when you don’t have time to even prepare it to have leftovers, you will find this new product in the freezer section of your grocery store, making life even easier! If you can’t find it where you live, ask the grocery manager to order some in!
- Mozzarella Cheese: I used my cheese grater and grated large slices. It’s always better to Grate Your Own Cheese!
- Parmesan Cheese: Same as the Mozzarella cheese, grate your own, you will be so happy that you did!
- Butter: melted salted butter is what I use for this recipe.
- Garlic Powder: can’t have Italian Meatloaf without garlic!
- Italian Seasoning: you can use store bought, or make your own!
How to Make The BEST Italian Meatloaf Sliders
In about 5 minutes, these sliders are prepped and ready for the oven. One pan, easy cleanup and so full of Italian cheesy flavor!
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Warm frozen meatloaf slices in the microwave for about 2 minutes.
The Comfort Classics Beef Meatloaf Slices are fully cooked, but in order to get them heated through without over toasting the buns, take the chill off of them when they come from the freezer.
Next, Remove the tops of the buns and set them aside. Place the bottoms into an 8×8 or 9×9 baking dish. Spread a little marinara over the bottom bun, then, place meatloaf slices side by side as shown, so each slice covers 1 1/2 buns, meeting in the middle.
Top with remaining marinara, then shredded Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Place the tops of the buns on.
Stir the Italian seasoning and garlic powder into the melted butter.
Spread over the tops of the buns. I used a pastry brush, be sure to get it down in between them, too!
Now they are ready for the oven! Cover them with foil and bake.
Tip: Give the inside of your foil a spray with olive oil or non-stick cooking spray, that will help it not stick to the buns.
Finally, when they come out of the oven, run a sharp knife in between each bun to slice them apart where they met in the middle. Serve hot, and enjoy!
LOVE IT? PIN IT!
Don’t forget to save this Italian Meatloaf Slider Recipe to your favorite recipes Pinterest board so that you can find it easily!
GREAT AMERICAN COMFORT CLASSICS
As I mentioned before, I was recently asked to try some new convenience items at my local HyVee supermarket. Comfort Classics, under the Great American brand, is a new line of fully cooked protein comfort food classics. The collection has Southern Style Chicken Breast Fillets, Meatloaf Slices, Crispy Steak Strips, Country Fried Steaks, and Chicken & Waffle Style Bites.
All of the Comfort Classics items were made with savvy parent consumers in mind, addressing the need for high quality, good tasting, convenient ways to prepare meals for their families. It’s perfect for when moms and dads are busy with work, kids, life in general and they don’t always have the time to cook, but are trying to stay out of the drive-thru, and just want to gather around the dinner table and enjoy some much needed family time after a crazy day.
Comfort Classics has a nice variety of proteins to choose from that can be prepared in the oven, microwave, or air fryer, for a meal that is ready in minutes!
HOW I HAVE USED THE COMFORT CLASSIC PROTEINS
I have been enjoying these quick and easy meats in a variety of ways.
In April, I made this meal using their Southern Fried Chicken Fillets. I showed how this comforting meal of breaded chicken fillets, a green veggie, and my Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes and Comfort Classics gravy was on the table in about 45 minutes! Yep, only 45 minutes to this Sunday supper quality meal.
In June, I went a different route, and instead of showing you some comforting simple side dishes to go with their delicious protein options, I decided to show how you can take one of their already tasty products, and turn it into a meal that you may not have even considered making at home. Using their Chicken & Waffle Bites, I made Homemade Sweet & Sour Chicken!
Salads were key in the heat of July, I shared a great way to have a quick and easy summery salad that is still hearty enough to fill even this biggest of eaters, using their Crispy Steak Strips with a Homemade Chipotle Ranch Dressing.
WHAT’S TO LOVE ABOUT THESE Beef Meatloaf Slices?
Aside from the fact that you can make them in a matter of minutes, since they are fully cooked before being frozen, using your microwave, air fryer, or oven, for a quick and easy meal, the beef meatloaf slices are made with natural ingredients and are an excellent source of protein. They have no preservatives, no MSG and no transfats.
WHERE YOU CAN FIND GREAT AMERICAN COMFORT CLASSICS
Great American Comfort Classics launched its new line at select Hy-Vee stores in Omaha and neighboring Midwest states in April 2021. You will find Comfort Classics in the frozen aisle. But never fear, if you don’t live near here, your local supermarket may carry the brand, too! You can find out by checking Great American Brand’s website for more details.
But what if you don’t see your location listed? If you want to see these delicious comfort food classics in your store, fill out a comment card or ask the store manager if they can get them in for you, and be sure to follow Great American Comfort Classics on their Facebook page for more information and recipes.
What to Eat with These Meatloaf Sliders
- Italian Four Bean Salad
- Marinated Vegetable Salad
- Parmesan Cheese Salad Bowls
- Antipasto Pasta Salad (pictured above)
- Double Fried French Fries
Let’s make some Italian Meatloaf Sliders!
- 1 (10 ounce) package Hawaiian Slider Buns (9 buns total)
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 (26 ounce) Great American Comfort Classics Sliced Beef Meatloaf
- 6 ounces Mozarella cheese, grated large
- 1/3 Parmesan cheese, grated large
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Warm frozen meatloaf slices in the microwave for about 2 minutes.
- Remove the tops of the buns and set them aside. Place the bottoms into an 8x8 or 9x9 baking dish.
- Spread a little marinara over the bottom bun.
- Place meatloaf slices side by side as shown in the recipe post, so each slice covers 1 1/2 buns, meeting in the middle.
- Top with remaining marinara, then shredded Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Place the tops of the buns on.
- Stir the Italian seasoning and garlic powder into the melted butter. Spread over the tops of the buns.
- Cover and bake for 15 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 3-5 minutes, or until the tops of the buns are golden brown and the cheese is bubbly.
- Run a knife between the sections of buns before serving.
- Sprinkle with fresh Italian parsley and or sea salt if desired.
tip: spray the inside of the foil with olive oil or non-stick cooking spray, so that it doesn't risk sticking to the top of the buns.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 165Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 43mgSodium: 400mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 8g
Please note that nutrition is not guaranteed accurate.