Baby Bella Mushrooms stuffed with a mixture of Surimi seafood, vegetables and spices, baked up and served warm. These make a delicious and sophisticated appetizer.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Simply Surimi Seafood, but the opinions are all my own. Thank you for supporting the companies and products that make An Affair from the Heart possible.
The season of entertaining is upon us. Time for family gatherings and parties with friends. It’s the season of the
October is National Seafood Month
- One Pound Baby Bella Mushrooms, washed well, stems removed and centers hollowed (about 30)
- 6 ounces Simply Surimi Seafood, flaked style, chopped
- ⅓ cup sweet onion, chopped
- ⅓ cup red or orange bell pepper, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ⅓ cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- ⅓ heaping cup Smoked Gouda cheese, shredded
- 4 Tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Sliced green onions for serving.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place about 1 Tablespoon of butter in a cast iron skillet over medium heat to melt. Add in peppers and onion and saute for about 5 minutes. Add in garlic and mushrooms and saute for about another 5 minutes more, or until onions are translucent. Add in Surimi Seafood, sprinkle with Old Bay Seasoning and salt and pepper to taste. Stir until heated through. Remove from heat.
- Stir in breadcrumbs and smoked gouda cheese. Remove stuffing from pan, and wipe it down with a paper towel.
- Place mushrooms in skillet and stuff each one with the stuffing, pushing it down inside, and leaving a mound on the top. Divide the remaining butter into little bits and scatter them around the pan.
- Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with green onions, serve right out of the skillet or plate them.
- Eat hot.