Baby Bella Mushrooms stuffed with a mixture of Surimi seafood, vegetables and spices, baked up and served warm. These make a delicious and sophisticated appetizer.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Simply Surimi Seafood, but the opinions are all my own. Thank you for supporting the companies and products that make An Affair from the Heart possible.
The season of entertaining is upon us. Time for family gatherings and parties with friends. It’s the season of the
noun, plural hors d’oeuvre, hors d’oeuvres
[awr durvz; French awr dœ-vruh] (Show IPA)
1. a small bit of appetizing food, as spicy meat, fish, cheese, or a preparation of chopped or creamed foods, often served on crackers or small pieces of toast, for eating at cocktail parties or other
gatherings where drinks are served with no other food.
2. an appetizer, as a relish or more elaborate preparation, served before or as the first course of a meal.
Origin of hors d’oeuvre 1705-1715< French: outside of the main course (dictionary.com)
October is National Seafood Month
- One Pound Baby Bella Mushrooms, washed well, stems removed and centers hollowed (about 30)
- 6 ounces Simply Surimi Seafood
- 1/3 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup red or orange bell pepper, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/3 heaping cup Smoked Gouda cheese, shredded
- 4 Tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Sliced green onions for serving.
Can be made ahead and baked. * May need to adjust baking time if they are coming from the fridge.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 30Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 96mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 1g