This recipe for Antipasto Pasta Salad is the perfect addition to any meal. If you’re looking for something simple and Italian-inspired for your next BBQ or cookout, then this delectable salad is perfect for you! Great for a crowd and thrown together in less than 30 minutes, this easy pasta salad recipe is a definite keeper and made with flavorful salami, pepperoni, grape tomatoes, and Parmesan cheese for a pasta salad that is both filling and tasty.
This recipe for antipasto salad is the perfect addition to summer especially when you’re needing something hearty, savory, and full of protein. If you’re anything like me, then you love a good reason to celebrate with Italian food, a glass of wine, and some yummy bread. Who doesn’t like to dive into the appetizing flavors of a good pasta salad?
During the warmer months, pasta salad and meals that can be made without the oven are definite staples. If you’re looking for even more recipes that can be assembled right out of the refrigerator, then be sure to check out this DIY charcuterie board or Italian four bean pasta salad. Both of these no-bake recipes are perfect for easy summer dinners, outdoor BBQs, and cookouts when you’re needing to take things down a notch while still delivering excellent flavors.
Why You’re Going to Love this Easy Antipasto Salad with Italian Dressing Recipe
- Great for summertime fun: That’s right, this antipasto salad with pasta is great for those picnics at the park or in the backyard. Whether you’re just taking it easy on a warm day or needing a meal to share with a crowd, this easy pasta salad recipe is perfection. I love to serve this recipe when I’m expecting a bunch of guests!
- Prepared in about 30 minutes: Throw all of these ingredients together in minutes with this fool-proof recipe. Short on time, but need to entertain a crowd? Simply mix the ingredients together and chill until ready to use.
- Incredibly delicious: Jam-packed with flavors that are so good and hard to resist. Got a day beside the pool? This easy Italian pasta salad is perfect for it!
- Perfect for meal prep: If you’re in need of lunch for the week, then just make an extra batch of this pasta recipe to keep in the freezer all year round or simply dive into the pasta salad immediately.
This recipe uses a handful of simple ingredients that you may already have in the refrigerator or pantry! For the full measurements, scroll down to the recipe card.
Pasta – This recipe is super versatile because it can use any type of short pasta! A gluten-free option, too.
Olives – Both black and green olives are used for this recipe.
Pepperoni – Packed with flavor, pepperoni is a shining star in this recipe and really completes the Italian salad.
Salami – What is antipasto without salami? You can slice your own salami or buy it pre-sliced.
Tomatoes – I like to use grape tomatoes because they are easier to slice and toss around in this pasta salad. If you don’t have grape tomatoes, then any type of tomato from the fine will work.
Onion – A yellow or white onion is fine.
Seasoning – Mrs. Dash’s Tomato/Basil/Garlic seasoning blend can be found online or in most grocery stores.
Parmesan Cheese – Either you can grate your own Parmesan cheese or use the shredded kind.
Italian dressing – Can be found at your local market.
What is an Italian antipasto salad?
An Italian antipasto salad is typically served with ingredients you would find on an antipasto board such as cured meats, tomatoes, onions, cheeses, and olives.
Which pasta is best for a salad?
Any type of short pasta will work such as bowtie, rigatoni, penne, elbow, or any other smaller pasta you may have. When I make pasta salad, I like to use a couple of different kinds of noodles. I like the look it gives it.
What does antipasto mean?
An Italian tradition, antipasto typically is served at the beginning of a meal and is the beginning of an entree. It’s a great way to experience different cured meats and marinated or pickled vegetables.
How to Make Antipasto Salad with Pasta from Scratch
My recipe Italian pasta salad is super easy to prepare even on the busiest days! To see even more detailed steps, please scroll down to the recipe card.
Cook the Pasta: First, cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Drain and rinse pasta with cool water. Pour in a large bowl.
Prepare the Ingredients: Meanwhile, while the pasta cooks, slice the veggies and meat for the antipasto pasta salad.
Combine: Next, combine the sliced vegetables, meat, and pasta with the Italian dressing. Toss to combine.
Chill: Finally, place the pasta salad in the refrigerator and allow it to sit for at least two hours or overnight. Serve and enjoy!
LOVE IT? PIN IT!
Don’t forget to save this recipe to find it easily! Pin it to your favorite Pinterest recipe board before you go!
What goes with pasta salad?
A variety of different things can be served with pasta salad! For this recipe, I like to serve the antipasto pasta salad with comforting recipes from the grill. You can try this salad with bacon-wrapped recipes, sweet and spicy ribs, or even these Grilled Bratwurst & Kraut Meatball Kabobs!
- To make this pasta salad gluten-free, simply substitute it with gluten-free pasta.
- Cook pasta until al dente.
- Store the leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to four days. The longer this easy antipasto salad sits, the better!
- You can even serve this antipasto pasta salad with tortellini.
More Recipes You Will Love
- Italian Bean Pasta Salad
- Bacon and Ranch Pasta Salad
- BLT Pasta Salad
- Deviled Eggs
- Classic Pasta Salad
Let’s mix up a big bowl of this Antipasto Pasta Salad, shall we?
- 2 pounds pasta, cooked
- 1/2 cup green olives, sliced
- 1/2 cup black olives, sliced
- 1/2 cup pepperoni, sliced
- 1/2 cup salami, sliced
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash's Tomato/Basil/Garlic
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup Italian dressing
Cook, drain and rinse pasta. Pour into large bowl.
Toss with all of the ingredients, and place in the refrigerator overnight.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 412Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 29mgSodium: 1075mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 14g
Nutrition isn't always accurate.
Originally posted on June 6, 2014, this salad was updated to improve the reader’s experience and re-shared on May 12, 2021.