Buttery sweet honey sauce, with a touch of bourbon and vanilla is perfect for topping just about anything from breads to ice cream to veggies.
I think I found a new favorite sauce. This Honey Bourbon Sauce has been awesome on so many things already — and boy! Do I have plans for it for other things, too! It’s amazing on pancakes, ice cream and over veggies like beets or carrots. It gives a unique sweetness to veggies that you will love, I just know it!
^ Love it? PIN it! ^
This one comes together super fast, so it’s ready in no time for you to use on whatever your heart desires. All you need to do is melt some butter in a small saucepan with some brown sugar. When it’s hot, add in the bourbon. Whatever you have on hand. It doesn’t need to be anything special. You will heat it to evaporate some of the alcohol content. a couple of minutes or so.
Have you ever heard that cooking alcohol removes the alcohol content? Well, turns out that is a myth. Here’s a great article on Cooking Alcohol and Alcohol Evaporation you can do a little light reading. 😉 There is such a small amount in this recipe that most needn’t worry, but if you absolutely can’t drink any alcohol, you can sub apple juice or add a little more vanilla.
After you add the bourbon, add in the vanilla, it gets sort of foamy while it’s cooking the bourbon and the vanilla. Add in the honey and stir until hot. Pour it on EVERYTHING!
It’s nice to have recipes for a plethora of sauces, Here are some of my favorites:
- Apple Dumplings with Spiced Rum Caramel Sauce
- Homemade Raspberry Sauce
- Bread Pudding Soufflé with Whiskey Sauce
- Homemade Salted Caramel Sauce
- Veggie Kabobs with Plum BBQ Sauce
- Blueberry Bourbon Barbecue Sauce
- Alabama Cobb Salad with White BBQ Sauce
- The Easiest Chimichurri Sauce
- Cookie Fries with Three Dippings Sauces: Vanilla, Chocolate and Peanut Butter
- Classic Eggs Benedict with Hollandaise sauce
- My Mom’s Cranberry Sauce
- Homemade Red Enchilada Sauce
- Salmon with Lemon Caper Sauce
What will you pour it on first??
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon bourbon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup raw honey
- Melt butter with brown sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Pour in bourbon and stir to let the alcohol burn off. About one minute.
- Add vanilla, stir.
- Add in honey, and heat through.