Ready to be introduced to the chewy Pecan Butter Cookies that will totally change your life? Made with creamy and nutty pecan butter, chopped pecans, vanilla bean, and other tantalizing flavors your tastebuds will enjoy and relish.
If you love pecans, then these pecan butter cookies are just for you! I used my mom’s peanut butter cookie recipe, replaced the peanut butter with pecan butter, and added pecan pieces. To say that these cookies are dreamy would be a huge understatement! They are light and flakey on the edges, and chewy in the middle. Just the way the perfect cookie should be.
If you have never baked with pecan butter before, you are for sure going to want to try it. This is a great recipe to kick off the fall season, but of course, is delicious any time!
This Pecan Butter Cookie recipe was made for #FallFlavors week with pecans sent to me by Millican Pecan Company and with vanilla bean paste sent to me from Taylor & Colledge. The opinions in this post are all my own.
Fall in Love with Chewy and Easy Pecan Cookies
Is it just me, or do the characteristics of fall such as the crisp air, warm colors, and crunchy leaves really just encourage the cravings of comforting baked goods? Based on my mother’s classic peanut butter cookie recipe, I decided to celebrate the joys of September by baking my own pecan butter cookies. When I say pecan butter cookies, I mean something entirely different than butter pecan cookies!
This is my third and final recipe for this year’s #FallFlavors event. I am so tickled with how these cookies turned out!
There are so many options for baking with pecans! Whether I am making my turtle cookies, pecan pie, or banana bread coffee cake, there is always a reason to celebrate fall and the holidays that come during and after it. Pecans add a deliciously sweet element to almost any recipe and definitely create nutty textures that are palatable and addicting.
What is Pecan Butter?
Pecan butter is a creamy and nut butter spread that is made with whole pecans. I was so excited to receive a jar of Millican Creamy Pecan Butter for Fall Flavors week! I had never baked with it before, and instantly, I knew just what I was going to make with it!
Next, I am mixing up my Nutty Monkey Smoothie and replacing the almond butter with pecan butter! I can’t wait!
Ways to Use Pecan Butter
There are so many ways to use pecan butter. Apart from adding them to chewy cookies, you can spread silky pecan butter over toasted bagels and bread, waffles and pancakes, apple or banana slices, or your favorite crackers.
Ingredients in Pecan Butter Cookies
You can easily find these ingredients at your local grocery, or maybe even as close as your pantry.
- Shortening: Shortening is commonly used for baked goods and has been for years. Shortening is basically any kind of solid fat that is stored at room temperature. If you use shortening in your baked goods, then you can expect soft cookies.
- Pecan Butter: Smooth and well-rounded, pecan butter is a secret ingredient in this recipe and is what makes these cookies so yummy.
- Sugar: I like to use both white and brown granulated sugars in these cookies because the combination of the two sugars produces cookies that are incredibly moist and have the perfect amount of softness.
- Eggs: Use either farm-fresh eggs from the local farmers’ market or use store-bought eggs. Eggs are used for extra moisture and as binders for the cookies.
- Vanilla Bean Paste: In my opinion, vanilla bean paste is way better than vanilla extract. I love using it in homemade vanilla ice cream, and the flecks of vanilla bean it gives.
- Flour: Use your favorite all-purpose flour for these cookies. Feel free to use whole wheat flour or a 1:1 gluten-free flour blend.
- Baking Soda and Powder: Leavening agents that are used for these cookies allow them to rise to their fullest!
- Salt: Just a little bit of sprinkled sea salt is what you will need for these cookies to make them the perfect balance of salty and sweet.
- Pecans: The stars of these cookies, pecans are super versatile and great for all kinds of recipes and candies.
How to Make this Pecan Butter Cookie Recipe
First, preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Combine the shortening, pecan butter, sugars, eggs, vanilla bean paste, flour, baking soda and powder, and salt. Mix until combined. Next, fold in the chopped pecans.
Drop rounded balls of dough onto an ungreased baking sheet. Press the bottom side of a glass or the tines of a fork in granulated sugar and press into the cookie dough ball to flatten it.
Finally, bake the cookies for eight to ten minutes. Watch the cookies closely! If you want these babies to be chewy and perfect, then you have to be sure not to overbake them. Once the edges are golden brown, then you’ll know it is time for the cookies to be removed from the oven.
Leave the pecan butter cookies on the baking sheet for a couple of minutes before transferring to a wire rack. Save the leftover cookies in an airtight container for up to two weeks. Or pop them in the freezer for up to four months.
- Be sure to properly measure the flour or the cookies may turn out dense.
- If you do not have vanilla bean paste, then you can use vanilla extract.
- Feel free to add your favorite butterscotch, caramel, white chocolate, or dark chocolate chips to these pecan butter cookies.
Love it? Pin it!
If you’re anything like me, then you will definitely want to enjoy these pecan butter cookies as a treat or snack. Whenever the moment arises, make these cookies! Save this recipe to your Pinterest board so you’ll have it for later.
Time to check out the Fall Flavors prizes!!
Welcome to #FallFlavors where more than 25 food bloggers are sharing recipes with favorite Fall flavors. Our sponsors, Millican Pecan, Dixie Crystals, Melissa’s Produce, Taylor & Colledge, Nairn’s, and the Republic of Tea, have furnished participating bloggers with a complimentary product to use in their recipe creations that they will be sharing this week. These same sponsors have generously offered prizes for our giveaway so be sure to enter and share with your friends so they can enter too. Be sure to follow our Fall Flavors Pinterest account for more inspiration.
Prize 1: Texas Pecan Candy Basket from Millican Pecan
The Millican Pecan Texas Pecan Candy Basket is loaded with a variety of pecan gifts. Includes 6 Milk Chocolate Pecan Clusters, 6 Milk Chocolate Caramillicans (similar to Turtles), 6 White Chocolate Caramillicans, 6 Pecan Pralines, and a 1/2 lb. Bag of Flavored Pecans! Every bit DELICIOUS! A $75 value.
Prize 2: Williams Sonoma Cleartouch Nonstick 6-Piece Bakeware Set from Dixie Crystals
Perfect for the occasional baker, our entry-level collection features a sturdy nonstick silicone coating at a great value. Aluminized steel, the material of choice for professional bakers, provides excellent heat transfer for even baking, so food turns out beautifully and releases easily every time. 6-Piece Set includes Half-sheet pan, 12-cup muffin pan, round cake pan, square cake pan, rectangular cake pan, loaf pan. An $80 value.
Prize 3: 3 Month Melissa’s Produce Gift Subscription
A stunning selection of the most delicious produce will be delivered once a month for 3 months. At Melissa’s, the produce is selected at its peak of perfection and packed by hand to ensure safe arrival. A $124 value.
Prize 4: A Red Dancing Leaves Teapot and a tin of Hot Apple Cider Tea from The Republic of Tea
Let the aroma of fresh apple and mulled cider spices envelop you as you sip this golden infusion. The crisp, lingering finish will leave you wanting more! A naturally-caffeine free blend of apples, cinnamon cloves, and ginger. Reminiscent of apple cider, with the luscious aroma of cinnamon and cloves, make this cup the perfect accompaniment to the colors of the harvest season.
Embossed, windswept leaves whirl across this 20 oz ceramic teapot. Includes a stainless steel infuser. An exclusive design by The Republic of Tea. A $44 value
Prize 5: A selection of six flavors of Oat Crackers from Nairn’s
One winner will receive a box of each Nairn’s Original, Chocolate Chip, Stem Ginger Oat Grahams, Caramelized Onions, Rosemary & Sea Salt Flatbreads, and Oat Cracker. Nairn’s has been baking oats since 1896. They use simple, natural, and wholesome ingredients in their products. Minimum $25 value
Prize 6: A Selection of extracts from Taylor and Colledge.
One winner will receive a selection of extracts to include vanilla bean, almond, lemon, and lavender. In 1897, Taylor & Colledge won its first award for excellence in vanilla. Since then, the Taylor & Colledge commitment to unsurpassed quality has earned its reputation as one of the world’s finest producers of vanilla. Minimum of $25 value.
Time to Enter the Giveaway!
Please see the giveaway disclaimer at the bottom of this post.
Love Pecans? Us, too!
Check out more of my favorite recipes that use pecans:
- Graham Cracker Toffee (pictured above)
- Seven Layer Cookies
- Caramel Pecan Clusters
- Sugared Pecans
- Pumpkin Donuts
- Pecan Pie
- Reuben Cheeseball
- Applesauce Cake
- Zucchini Bread
- Pumpkin Zucchini Bread
- Cinnamon Crunch Coffee Cake
- Ice Cream Sticky Rolls
- Pecan Caramel Bark
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup pecan butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine the shortening, pecan butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla bean paste, flour, baking soda and powder, and salt. Mix until combined. Fold in pecans.
- Drop rounded ball shapes onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Press the bottom side of a glass or.the tines of a fork into granulated sugar and press into the cookie dough ball to flatten it.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Watch them closely, because, in order for them to be soft and chewy, you can’t over bake them! When the edges are golden brown, it’s time to take them out. Leave them on the cookie sheet for a minute or two before removing them to a cooling rack.
- Store in an airtight container.
These cookies freeze really well!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 161Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 103mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 1gSugar: 11gProtein: 2g
Please note that nutrition is not guaranteed accurate.
More #FallFlavors Recipes Below:
- Apple Cider Milk Tea With Boba And Caramel Apple from Magical Ingredients
- Apple Cider Old Fashioned from Books n’ Cooks
Breakfast and Baked Goods
- Apple Cider Donut Muffins from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Pear and Apple Cider Scones from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Spiced Pumpkin Coffee Cake from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Balsamic Roasted Purple Brussels Sprouts W/ Grapes & Chestnuts from Savory Moments
- Cinnamon Sweet Potato Pumpkin Muffins from Blogghetti
- Fall Roasted Vegetable Medley from Family Around the Table
- Glazed Cippolini Onions With Rosemary from Life Love and Good Food
- Sweet Potato Latkes from Take Two Tapas
- Apple Cider Pulled Pork With Apple Slaw from Simple and Savory
- Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce from Jen around the world
- Apple Blondies from Eat Move Make
- Apple Turnover from Art of Natural Living
- Butterscotch Pie from Lemon Blossoms
- Gf Cinnamon Graham Cracker Cupcakes from Frugal & Fit
- No-Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake With Salted Caramel Glaze from West Via Midwest
- Oatmeal Scotchies from Palatable Pastime
- Pear Bundt Cake from The Fresh Cooky
- Pear Cobbler from Fresh April Flours
- Pear Crisp Ice Cream from Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Pecan Butter Cookies from An Affair from the Heart
- Pecan Pie Bars from Devour Dinner
- Pumpkin Cupcakes from House of Nash Eats
- Pumpkin Spice Sugar Cookies from SueBee Homemaker
- Rosemary Pecan Shortbread With Honey-Ginger Icing from The Spiffy Cookie
- Sweet Tea Panna Cotta from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Turtle Waffle Ice Cream Sandwiches from That Recipe
Fall Flavors 2021 Giveaway Disclaimer: Six (6) winners will be randomly selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. Bloggers are not responsible for prize fulfillment. Winners have 24 hours to respond once notified by email, or they forfeit the prize and an alternate winner will be chosen. The #FallFlavors bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members living in the household cannot enter or win the giveaway. Entries will be verified. No purchase is necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Must be 18 years of age or older to enter the giveaway and the contest is open only to US residents. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, or any other social channel mentioned in the #FallFlavors posts or entries. Thank you to our sponsors Millican Pecan Company, Dixie Crystals, Melissa’s Produce, Taylor & Colledge, Republic of Tea, and Nairn’s for providing prizes.