These Caramel Pecan Clusters are as sweet as can be! Easy to make with only 3 ingredients, this caramel pecan cluster recipe is going to become your new favorite recipe for fall, tailgating, holiday parties, and get-togethers! Learn how to make your own praline Chex mix crunch at home with this yummy recipe.
Want to really impress a crowd? Keep this easy snack mix out around the house for easy munching whenever you and the family are in need of a candied snack mix recipe that begs to be eaten.
Whenever we make this recipe in my home, the house smells so good because of the melted caramel and roasted pecans. Every year, I look forward to the holidays and fall season because we get to make these caramel clusters!
Next time you are craving sweet caramel and nutty pecans, make this simple Crispix pecan mix! It is the perfect addition to any celebration that calls for a delectable snack recipe. In just a few easy steps, you will have your very own Southern praline Chex Mix made with caramel, rice cereal, and pecan halves.
This Caramel Pecan Cluster recipe was made for #FallFlavors week with pecans sent to me by Millican Pecan Company. The opinions in this post are all my own.
There’s just something so satisfying about a recipe with a good pecan crunch–wouldn’t you agree? Those of all ages will enjoy this classic recipe so go ahead and place it on the dessert table. Everyone will come back for seconds!
Can you smell that? Fall is in the Air!
It’s that time again, and I am so excited! What? Do you ask? Well, it’s Fall Flavors Week, of course! A week where multiple food bloggers, like myself, share fall-inspired recipes, and offer a fantastic giveaway, too!
We have a group of sponsors that have donated some amazing prizes, and you can enter to win them right here on this blog post. Today’s recipe for me, these Caramel Pecan Clusters are made with pecans sent to me from the Millican Pecan Company, who have been in business in Texas since 1888! Yep — You heard right, 1888.
Millican Pecan sent me two bags of pecans, one of their pecan halves, one of the pecan pieces, and a jar of their pecan butter, that I will be using in a recipe I will be sharing with you later this week.
What 3 Ingredients do I need to make these Pecan Clusters?
- Cereal: You will need your favorite storebought Rice Chex cereal. Most well-stocked grocery stores have this type of cereal in the cereal aisles. Change things up with different flavors such as chocolate, cinnamon, or vanilla–yum!
- Pecans: Halved pecans are used for this recipe. Pecans truly add the WOW-factor to this recipe.
- Caramel: I like to use Caramel Bits for this recipe because they are so much easier to use! You can find these Bits in the baking aisle next to chocolate chips. You can use regular caramels if you can’t find them, you will just have a little extra time involved, unwrapping them!
How to Make Caramel Pecan Clusters
This is one of the easiest snack mixes out there. Simple but incredibly tasty, you’ll love making this praline mix.
Find the exact measurements at the bottom of this post in the printable recipe card.
First, preheat the oven. Grease two baking sheets lightly with Crisco and set them aside.
Pour the cereal and pecans into a bowl and set them aside.
Next, place the caramel bits into a microwaveable bowl with water and microwave for a couple of minutes. Stir until the caramel is smooth and fully melted. You may need to reheat the caramel in increments.
Pour the caramel over the cereal and pecans. Spread onto one of the baking sheets.
Bake the pecan mixture for fifteen minutes. Remove the pan from the oven, flip, and bake for 15 more minutes.
Remove the snack mix from the oven. Place the other greased cookie sheet on top of the one removed from the oven and flip over. Allow the baked mixture to cool completely, then break into clusters.
Store the leftovers in an airtight container. Enjoy! Sprinkle with a little bit of salt for extra flavor.
Love it? Pin it!
Save this recipe to your Pinterest board for your next tailgating or holiday event!
Frequently Asked Questions
- Does Rice Chex have Sugar? Yes, Rice Chex does have sugar. I definitively kept the sugar content in mind when I made this recipe up so it isn’t too sweet.
- Why is Sweet Chex Mix so Good? Do I really need to answer that question? Sweet Chex Mix is oh, so tasty because it is perfectly crunchy, sweet, and filled with nutty pecan flavors that are well-rounded.
- What is the Original Chex Cereal? The original Chex Cereal was called Shredded Ralston and it originated in the 1930s as the original square basket shape we know.
- Is Chex Rice Cereal Gluten-Free? Yes, Chex Rice Cereal is definitely gluten-free. If you avoid gluten, then you’ll love these gluten-free treats. Just make sure the caramel doesn’t contain gluten.
- What can I Serve with This Recipe? You can serve a variety of things with this recipe such as other tailgating food, dessert after main dishes, or other snacks.
Other Snack Mix Recipes You Will Love
- Churro Chex Mix
- Mexican Hot Chocolate Chex Mix
- Candy Coated Popcorn
- Touchdown Snack Mix (pictured above)
- Bunny Trail Mix
- Puppy Love Chow
- Popcorn Cake
- Chocolate Sugar Kiss Cookies
Time to check out the prizes!!
Welcome to #FallFlavors where more than 25 food bloggers are sharing recipes with favorite Fall flavors. Our sponsors, Millican Pecan, Dixie Crystals, Melissa’s Produce, Taylor & Colledge, Nairn’s, and the Republic of Tea, have furnished participating bloggers with a complimentary product to use in their recipe creations that they will be sharing this week. These same sponsors have generously offered prizes for our giveaway so be sure to enter and share with your friends so they can enter too. Be sure to follow our Fall Flavors Pinterest account for more inspiration.
Prize 1: Texas Pecan Candy Basket from Millican Pecan
The Millican Pecan Texas Pecan Candy Basket is loaded with a variety of pecan gifts. Includes 6 Milk Chocolate Pecan Clusters, 6 Milk Chocolate Caramillicans (similar to Turtles), 6 White Chocolate Caramillicans, 6 Pecan Pralines, and a 1/2 lb. Bag of Flavored Pecans! Every bit DELICIOUS! A $75 value.
Prize 2: Williams Sonoma Cleartouch Nonstick 6-Piece Bakeware Set from Dixie Crystals
Perfect for the occasional baker, our entry-level collection features a sturdy nonstick silicone coating at a great value. Aluminized steel, the material of choice for professional bakers, provides excellent heat transfer for even baking, so food turns out beautifully and releases easily every time. 6-Piece Set includes Half-sheet pan, 12-cup muffin pan, round cake pan, square cake pan, rectangular cake pan, loaf pan. An $80 value.
Prize 3: 3 Month Melissa’s Produce Gift Subscription
A stunning selection of the most delicious produce will be delivered once a month for 3 months. At Melissa’s, the produce is selected at its peak of perfection and packed by hand to ensure safe arrival. A $124 value.
Prize 4: A Red Dancing Leaves Teapot and a tin of Hot Apple Cider Tea from The Republic of Tea
Let the aroma of fresh apple and mulled cider spices envelop you as you sip this golden infusion. The crisp, lingering finish will leave you wanting more! A naturally-caffeine free blend of apples, cinnamon cloves, and ginger. Reminiscent of apple cider, with the luscious aroma of cinnamon and cloves, make this cup the perfect accompaniment to the colors of the harvest season.
Embossed, windswept leaves whirl across this 20 oz ceramic teapot. Includes a stainless steel infuser. An exclusive design by The Republic of Tea. A $44 value
Prize 5: A selection of six flavors of Oat Crackers from Nairn’s
One winner will receive a box of each Nairn’s Original, Chocolate Chip, Stem Ginger Oat Grahams, Caramelized Onions, Rosemary & Sea Salt Flatbreads, and Oat Cracker. Nairn’s has been baking oats since 1896. They use simple, natural, and wholesome ingredients in their products. Minimum $25 value
Prize 6: A Selection of extracts from Taylor and Colledge.
One winner will receive a selection of extracts to include vanilla bean, almond, lemon, and lavender. In 1897, Taylor & Colledge won its first award for excellence in vanilla. Since then, the Taylor & Colledge commitment to unsurpassed quality has earned its reputation as one of the world’s finest producers of vanilla. Minimum of $25 value.
Time to Enter the Giveaway!
Please see the giveaway disclaimer at the bottom of this post.
Let’s mix up some Caramel Pecan Clusters!
- 2 cups of Kraft Caramel Bits (or 48 unwrapped caramels)
- 1/4 cup water
- 6 cups Rice Chex or Crispix cereal
- 2 cups pecan halves
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F. Grease 2 large cookie sheets with Crisco, set aside.
- Pour cereal and pecans into a large bowl. Set aside.
- Place caramel bits and water in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. (if 2 minutes doesn't do the trick, microwave in 30-second increments until caramel bits are melted and can be stirred smooth.
- Pour caramel over cereal and pecans and stir gently to coat. Take care not to break the cereal.
- Spread onto one of the greased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Stir and flip the cereal. Bake for another 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, place the other greased cookie sheet on top of the one you removed from the oven and flip it over. Let cool completely, then break apart into clusters.
- Store in an airtight container.
I like to give it a little sprinkle of sea salt when it comes out of the oven for a sweet and salty taste!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 179Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 187mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 1gSugar: 20gProtein: 2g
Please note that nutrition is not guaranteed accurate.
More #FallFlavors Recipes Below:
Appetizers and Snacks
- Caramel Pecan Clusters from An Affair from the Heart
- Carrot Top Hummus from Savory Moments
- Fall Charcuterie Board from Magical Ingredients
- Roasted Red Pepper and Crab Savory Cheesecake from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Sweet And Spicy Roasted Nuts from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
Breakfast and Baked Goods
- Apple Cranberry Pecan Overnight Oats from Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Cinnamon Apple Bread from Lemon Blossoms
- Sweet Potato Pancakes from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Soups and Salads
- Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup from Devour Dinner
- Panera Autumn Squash Soup from The Fresh Cooky
- Salmon Salad With Grapes And Pecans from Art of Natural Living
- Apple Butter Dijon Roasted Brussel Sprouts With Candied Pecans And Green Apple from Soulfully Made
- Butternut Squash And Bacon Risotto from SueBee Homemaker
- Loaded Bacon And Kale Salad from Palatable Pastime
- Roasted Maple Bacon Brussels Sprouts And Butternut Squash from Eat Move Make
- Sausage Stuffed Acorn Squash from Hostess At Heart
- Apple Cider Rubbed Pork Chops from That Recipe
- Thai Butternut Squash Curry from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Butternut Squash Parmesan Pasta from Frugal & Fit
- Grape & Gorgonzola Pizza from The Spiffy Cookie
- Honey Dijon Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner from Simple and Savory
- How To Air Fry Pork Tenderloin With Sweet Potatoes from West Via Midwest
- Butter Pecan Fudge from Take Two Tapas
- Cinnamon Roll Cheesecake from Fresh April Flours
- Easy Apple Crisp from Life Love and Good Food
- Espresso Chocolate Chip Cookies from Books n’ Cooks
- French Apple Tart from Jen around the world
- Individual Grape Crumble from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Pumpkin Roll from House of Nash Eats
- Pumpkin Snickerdoodles from Family Around The Table
- Slow Cooker Apple Pear Crisp from Blogghetti
Fall Flavors 2021 Giveaway Disclaimer: Six (6) winners will be randomly selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. Bloggers are not responsible for prize fulfillment. Winners have 24 hours to respond once notified by email, or they forfeit the prize and an alternate winner will be chosen. The #FallFlavors bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members living in the household cannot enter or win the giveaway. Entries will be verified. No purchase is necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Must be 18 years of age or older to enter the giveaway and the contest is open only to US residents. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, or any other social channel mentioned in the #FallFlavors posts or entries. Thank you to our sponsors Millican Pecan Company, Dixie Crystals, Melissa’s Produce, Taylor & Colledge, Republic of Tea, and Nairn’s for providing prizes.