No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie is a peanut butter lover’s dream come true! Creamy peanut butter paired with mini Reeses, cool whip, and drizzled with chocolate syrup on top create a dessert that will have everyone begging for more.
You won’t believe how light and fluffy this easy peanut butter pie is. With no baking involved and only three steps, anyone can make this incredibly delicious dessert.
Best yet, this dessert can be made ahead of time and then frozen until ready to eat! Just make sure to properly cover the pie with plastic wrap and then a layer of aluminum foil. This will prevent freezer burn to make the pie last up to three months in the freezer. Thaw for 15 minutes before enjoying!
Peanut Butter Icebox Pie
Back in the day, my grandmothers would have called this one a Peanut Butter Icebox Pie. Just another word for a no-bake dessert that lets the refrigerator, or as they used to be referred to, the icebox, do all of the work!
WHAT IS PEANUT BUTTER COOL WHIP PIE?
INGREDIENTS FOR PEANUT BUTTER CREAM PIE
Nothing fancy when it comes to ingredients or tools when you make this simple dessert. In fact, you might have everything you need in your kitchen right now!
FOR THE CRUST
- Graham Cracker Crumbs: Can substitute with Oreo crust instead of a graham cracker crust to make a chocolate peanut butter pie instead.
- Butter: Acts as a binding agent for the crumbs and sugar.
- Sugar: Helps enhance the flavor, and sweeten up the pie crust.
FOR THE FILLING
- Cream Cheese: Adds a nice bit of creamy texture to the filling. Low-Fat cream cheese can be used.
- Peanut Butter: Using the “creamy” style of peanut butter is recommended for this pie. You can use reduced-fat creamy peanut butter with success.
- Cool Whip: Gives the pie a nice fluffy texture, and it is no-dairy, too. Of course, homemade whipped cream would take this recipe over the top!
- Miniature Reeses Peanut Butter Cups: After chopping, the Reeses are sprinkled over the top of the pie.
- Chocolate Syrup: For drizzling on top, if desired.
HOW TO MAKE PEANUT BUTTER ICEBOX PIE
To prepare the crust: Mix the graham cracker crumbs together with the butter and the sugar until they are moist. Press into the bottom and up the sides of a 9” pie plate. Place in the fridge for at least one hour.
To prepare the filling: Mix together cream cheese, powdered sugar, and peanut butter until smooth. Fold in half of the whipped topping.
Spread the filling into the chilled crust.
Top with remaining Cool Whip
Give the Reese’s cups a rough chop.
Sprinkle the peanut butter cups over the pie.
Chill for at least 3 hours, or overnight before cutting and serving.
Drizzle with chocolate syrup for serving if desired.
Love it? Pin it!
Don’t forget where you found this easy no-bake dessert recipe! Pin it to your favorite recipe board on Pinterest before you go!
OTHER NO-Bake RECIPES to ENJOY
- Lemon Icebox Pie (pictured above)
- Mocha Chocolate Chip Icebox Cake
- Old Fashioned Strawberry Icebox Cake
- Popcorn Cake Recipe
- Peanut Butter Puppy Chow
- Chocolate Marshmallow Pie Crust fill it with ice cream!
Let’s “no-bake” up this yummy Peanut Butter Pie!!
- For the Crust:
- 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- For the Filling:
- 1 (8 ounce) package of cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 (16 ounce) container Cool Whip (thawed)
- 15 miniature Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, rough chopped
- Chocolate syrup, drizzle for serving if desired
- To prepare the crust: Mix the graham cracker crumbs together with the butter and the sugar until they are moist. Press into the bottom and up the sides of a 9” pie plate. Place in the fridge for at least one hour.
- To prepare the filling: Mix together cream cheese, powdered sugar and peanut butter until smooth. Fold in half of the whipped topping. Spread into the chilled crust. Top with remaining Cool Whip and chopped Reeses cups.
- Chill for at least 3 hours, or overnight before cutting and serving.
- Drizzle with chocolate syrup for serving if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 465Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 28mgSodium: 347mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 3gSugar: 31gProtein: 8g