Ever find yourself craving a peanut butter cookie? This recipe, right here, is your saving grace. Three ingredients, one dozen big peanut butter cookies, 20 minutes. SCORE!!
Picture this. It’s a late summer night. You’re in your favorite chair, binge watching your favorite Netflix series, maybe partaking in your favorite bottle of wine, and it happens. The craving strikes. You need something … what is it? Sweet? Salty? Whatever it is it needs to be quick. Then the idea hits you … COOKIES!! Not just any cookie … PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES. PB Cookie me STAT. These cookies are the perfect solution. Only three basic pantry ingredients, and you have one dozen soft colossal peanut butter cookies in no time at all. You don’t even have to dirty your mixer.
^^LOVE THEM? PIN THEM!! ^^
1 cup of peanut butter, 1 cup of sugar and 1 egg — that’s it. Bowl + Spoon + Oven — 15 minutes + THESE beautiful cookies. Plus a house that smells like you baked all day and you didn’t!! Bonus? Bake them on parchment paper and there is hardly any clean up! AM I your best friend yet? Thought so. 😉
Okay — well I have to be honest. I can’t take the credit for these yummy quick cookies. The recipe came from my friend, Dan’s blog, Platter Talk. You see .. it’s Freaky Friday!! Freaky Friday is a day that I host, one Friday a season, where myself and some of my blogger buddies swap blogs in secret and reveal our posts all at the same time. This round, I was fortunate to be able to cook/bake from Dan and Scott’s food blog, Plattertalk. Dan and Scott have a wealth of recipes to choose from. It’s no surprise, given the amount of time they spend in their kitchen with their boys. From savory to sweet .. they have you covered.
Check Out What Everyone Made:
- An Affair from the Heart: Three Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- Lemoine Family Kitchen: Easy Peasy Corn Pudding
- Take Two Tapas: Large Batch Cherry Manhattan Party Punch
- Seduction in the Kitchen: No Churn Raspberry Moscato Wine Ice Cream
- West Via Midwest: Creamy Lemon Ice Cream
- Bowl Me Over: Homemade French Onion Soup
- The Devilish Dish: Chili Cheese Corn Dogs
- Mildly Meandering: Chai Latte Dip
- Who Needs a Cape?: Hash Brown Taco Casserole
- A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures: German Soft Pretzels
- PlatterTalk: Posole
Back to Plattertalk. At first, my plan was to make something savory, like their Grilled Corn Salsa, or their Corn Fritters with Avocado Jalapeño sauce … and their Easy Margherita Pizza was calling my name!
But I decided I have been sharing lots of savory recipes lately, and it was time to give you something SWEET!! They have SO MANY recipe for desserts and sweet offerings, I had to narrow it down to 3. I ended up making these cookies, because life around here has been super upside lately, and I needed something quick. I baked them. We LOVED them, and then I thought … “well, these weren’t exactly summery were they?” So … you know what I did?
I took the last four cookies and I put a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream in between and smooshed them together, then I rolled them in mini chocolate chips and wrapped them in plastic wrap and froze them over night! Then the next morning … yes, morning, I took these pictures and ate ice cream for breakfast! Toasted to summertime with coffee in one hand and Peanut Butter Ice Cream Sandwich cookies in the other!
YUM! You can only perfect the taste of these 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies by smooshing ice cream and chocolate chips in the middle. Summertime at it’s very best!
What you need to make these 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies:
- 1 cup Peanut Butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sugar
- They bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees. If you want to make the ice cream sandwiches, simply scoop your slightly softened favorite peanut butter pairing ice cream into the middles, and smoosh it between. Leave them plain or roll them in chocolate pieces or sprinkles. Wrap them in plastic wrap and place them in the freezer overnight to harden.
These are so delicious and quick, they are perfect for hostess gifts, teachers, holiday gift giving, after school snacks or just anytime you need a little sweet and salty snack.
Let’s make some cookies!!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with a piece of parchment paper.
- Mix three ingredients together in a bowl.
- Roll cookies into 12 cookie balls and place on prepared cookie sheet.
- Using a fork, make a criss cross in each cookie ball and press down slightly.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Cool slightly and remove from cookie sheet.
To make into ice cream sandwiches, simply smoosh 1 scoop of slightly softened ice cream into the middle of two cookies. Roll in chocolate pieces or sprinkles if desired. Wrap in plastic wrap and freeze over night.
^^ LOVE IT? PIN IT!! ^^