One of my most favorite flavors to bake with is almond. I am seriously hooked on the Pure Almond Extract from Penzey’s!
Oh dear, Lord, it’s so amazing, it’s almost hypnotizing!
It’s fabulous in frosting and glazes, and I have even added it to oatmeal! When I found the recipe for these cookies, I just knew they were going to the top of my “must bake” list. I was so glad to have found them, they are Almond-azing!
Here they are warm from the oven drizzled in sweet almondy glaze!
- FOR THE COOKIES:
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 3/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons pure almond extract (I LOVE Penzey's!)
- FOR THE GLAZE:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- 2 teaspoons almond extract