Desserts are the reward of making it through a great meal, and still finding room to enjoy dessert! When I look at all the dessert recipes, then there’s no hiding it. Guess it’s pretty obvious, dessert should be considered one of the essential food groups.
The best dessert ideas
Sweet treats from cupcakes to pies, ice cream, and icing, cookies to fudge. There are many dessert and snack ideas to check out. Here is how to find what you are looking for:
- Cakes and Cupcakes - baking recipes don’t have to be too challenging and you can even easily create your own baking mixes, just like the boxed stuff.
- Frosting - Every great cake is only as good as the frosting, so knowing many different frosting recipes is always handy.
- Pies - Pies are so easy to make and so heartwarming to serve. The world needs more smiles and pie is one of the ways to get there.
- Cookies - Cookie jars are just jars without cookies and jars full of cookies are the sources of great happiness. Try some of these cookie recipes and make sure to have a cookie jar ready to fill.
- Bars - Bars are sort of the snack treat that sits between cookies and softer confections like fudge. Here you will find everything from quick to make cookie bars, to fudge, and brownies. Can you make it in a baking dish and cut it into squares or rectangles? You'll find it here.
- Candy - Candy includes things like truffles, fudge, and brittle, candy-coated treats and homemade candy bars.
- Ice Cream and Frozen Treats - This category covers everything from adult style slushes to ice cream cakes and other frozen treats.
- Holiday - All of the dessert recipes you will ever need for the holidays, and that includes year-round holidays. So if you need sweets for the 4th of July, Chocolates for your sweetheart at Valentine's Day, treats for Halloween entertaining, Thanksgiving with the family, or baking for Christmas, I have you covered.
- Popcorn and snacks - I cover all the great versions of popcorn and snacks ideal for desserts too.
- Toppings and Sauces - Ok, so there is a mix here. Some sweet style sauces like Raspberry Sauce, but also some sweet glazes like Bourbon Sauce that work great on savory dishes too. So not just for dessert anymore!
Desserts for the perfect occasions
Picking great desserts, just right for the situation, can put the cherry on top of any special occasion. Some treats might be better for summer, like Lemon Ice Cream for example. While others seem just right for the holidays. Chocolate Peppermint Cookies are just right for Christmastime cookie tins.
Desserts for snacks
Of course, desserts can also be snacks. So this section crosses over in that sense. Just make sure not to ruin your appetite for supper!