Shrimp and scallops engulfed in a creamy tomato soup made with veggies, tomatoes and cream cheese. This one is a must make for you seafood lovers out there!
Do I have a little somethin’ somethin’ special for you all today!
If you love seafood like we do — and SOUP like we do, this Creamy Tomato Seafood Bisque needs to get made in your kitchen this weekend!
This beauty of a recipe came from my dear friend, Michelle. Michelle is the blogger behind the blog A Dish of Daily Life. A Dish of Daily Life is a food and travel blog based about an hour and a half outside New York City, in Connecticut. Michelle specializes in easy-to-make tasty healthy recipes, helpful how-to’s, travel adventures and tips and tidbits of her family’s daily life.
She is a busy wife, a Mom of 3 kids and fur Mom to 7. Michelle is an avid sports fan, watching her kids excel in all of their sports, as well as a passionate runner herself.
This past week, Michelle had a very scary surgery, and she is going to be recouporating for a while. In the world of a blogger, especially one that blogs as a source of income for their family, time off means loss of traffic. That’s scary to think about. So, a bunch of us, her blogger friends, decided that we wanted to not only help her be able to relax and get the rest she needed, by sending you, our readers, over to her place to find another great blog, as well as delicious recipes like this one!
Here is a picture from a blogging event in 2015 – Debbie, myself, Michelle and Linda.
There are a whole bunch of bloggers making recipes from Michelle’s collection — Interested in seeing who is making what?? Here’s the master list!
- Easy Crab Dip Recipe made by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Seafood Bisque made by An Affair from the Heart
- Marinated Olives made by Take Two Tapas
- Refried Beans made by Lisa’s Dinnertime Dish
- Lemon Herb Chicken with Roasted Potatoes made by Hostess At Heart
- Red Quinoa & Butternut Squash salad made by My Life Cookbook
- Italian Panini made by Full Belly Sisters
- Rigatoni Salsiccia e Rapini made by LeMoine Family Kitchen
- Thai Chicken Noodle Soup made by Love Bakes Good Cakes
- Italian Bowtie Pasta made by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Pink Vodka Sauce made by Lady Behind The Curtain
- Crab Imperial made by Life Currents
- Homemade Taco Seasoning made by Bowl Me Over
- Southwestern Bean Dip made by Aunt Bee’s Recipes
- Homemade Enchilada Sauce made by The Foodie Affair
- White Bean and Mint Hummus made by Take Two Tapas
- Spicy Carrot Refrigerator Pickles, Mexican Style made by Lady Behind The Curtain
- Chicken Pesto Pasta with Artichokes made by Love Bakes Good Cakes
- Rueben Sliders made by Bowl Me Over
I say this pretty much every time I share a seafood recipe with you all. I don’t know why I don’t make more seafood at home? When I saw this recipe on Michelle’s blog, I was a little nervous to look at the recipe.
It HAD to be difficult, right?
Seriously — SO easy to make, and I loved the outcome. This one will be made again and again.
I didn’t change much, except I substituted oregano in place of the thyme that Michelle used in her recipe.
Carrots, celery, onion and butter with a bay leaf, doing a little cooking to tenderize the veggies.
Add in tomatoes, stock and oregano and let it cook for about 30 minutes. Add in a block of cream cheese and some cooking sherry, cook until the cream cheese melts in. With an emulsion blender, puree until smooth and creamy.
Add in 2 pounds of chopped seafood. I used scallops and shrimp per Michelle’s suggestion. (Good call!) Cook until it’s done.
Serve it up with some nice crusty bread and dig in!
- 5 Tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 6 cups of chicken broth
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) brick of cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons cooking sherry
- 2 pounds seafood, chopped (I used shrimp and bay scallops, chopped into bite size pieces)
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley for garnish, if desired
Recipe very slightly adapted from A Dish of Daily Life
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 269 Total Fat: 13g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 120mg Sodium: 1366mg Carbohydrates: 10g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 3g Protein: 28g
I thought I would share a couple more of the recipes I can’t wait to try over at A Dish Of Daily Life.