This simple Lemon Bundt Cake is lemon perfection. A moist cake that starts with a yellow cake mix, filled with cream cheese and fresh lemon, is then topped with the most delicious lemon cream cheese frosting, you will have to resist eating it with a spoon!
Welcome to #LemonWeek 2022 hosted by Lynn from Fresh April Flours and Rebecca from Devour Dinner. This week is sponsored by Rodelle and La Tourangelle. I may have received product samples from these sponsors to help in the creation of my recipes. All opinions are my own. Come join me and my fellow Lemon Week bloggers as we bring you recipes from appetizers to drinks to entrées and desserts! Enter to win the prize package at the bottom of this recipe post!
WHAT MAKES THE BEST LEMON BUNDT CAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING?
INGREDIENTS FOR LEMON BUNDT CAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
This recipe uses fresh ingredients that you may already have in the refrigerator or pantry! For the complete measurements, scroll down to the recipe card.
FOR THE CAKE
- Yellow Cake Mix: For optional results, yellow cake mix is used to make this cake as easy as possible. Yellow cake mix tends to bring a deliciously creamy custard flavor which pairs well with the cream cheese in this recipe.
- Cream Cheese: The lemon is the star flavor but this cake would not be as decadent, fluffy, and tasty without this important ingredient.
- Milk: The milk contains lactose which breaks down into sugar and feeds the yeast. An important step in baking and keeping the cake moist.
- Eggs: Acts as a binding agent. The eggs are responsible for the structure, height, and overall form of this cake.
- Lemon: Fresh lemon juice and zest is used in this recipe for a rich flavor of citrus.
FOR THE FROSTING
- Cream Cheese: Adds the creamy, buttery texture and taste of cream cheese to this addictive topping.
- Powdered Sugar: When paired with milk, powdered sugar makes a rich frosting for topping cakes and pastries.
- Lemon: Used to give the frosting a zesty citrus flavoring.
- Milk: Can use less powdered sugar and slightly more milk to create more of a glaze-like consistency instead of frosting.
HOW TO MAKE LEMON CREAM CHEESE POUND CAKE
My recipe for easy lemon bundt cake is super easy to prepare! To see even more detailed steps, please scroll down to the recipe card.
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. and prepare a 10 cup bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
Place all of the cake ingredients into a large mixing bowl and with an electric mixer on low speed, combine the ingredients for about one minute, scraping down the sides as needed. Turn the mixer to medium and beat the cake batter for 2 minutes.
Pour the mixture into the prepared bundt pan.
Bake for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Cool in the baking pan for 15 minutes before inverting onto a plate. Let cool completely before frosting.
PREPARE THE FROSTING
Prepare the frosting by creaming the cream cheese and lemon zest together until smooth. Add in the powdered sugar, milk, and lemon juice and stir until smooth. Frost the cooled cake.
Store leftovers in the fridge, covered for up to 5 days.
Love this? Pin it!
Don’t forget where you found this citrus dessert recipe! Pin it to your favorite recipe board on Pinterest before you go!
OTHER SWEET RECIPES TO ENJOY
- Easy Lemon Raspberry Bundt Cake
- Pineapple Coconut Tunnel Cake
- Banana Bread Coffee Cake
- Carrot Bundt Cake
- Pumpkin Spiced Coffee Cake with Brown Butter Glaze
- Hamburger Cupcakes
- Cinderella Cake – Pumpkin Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Lemon Rhubarb Bundt Cake
- Carrot Bundt Cake
Thursday #LemonWeek Recipes
- Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins by Fresh April Flours
- Lemon Chess Pie by Palatable Pastime
- Strawberry Lemonade Bars by Best Cookie Recipes
- Lemon Dump Cake by The Fresh Cooky
- Easy Peasy Lemon Cookies by A Day In The Life On The Farm
- Lemon Cream Cheese Bundt Cake by An Affair From The Heart
- Lemon Ricotta Pancakes by Jen Around The World
Let’s bake up this zesty dessert!
- FOR THE CAKE:
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup milk
- 3 large eggs
- 2 Tablespoons lemon zest
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- FOR THE FROSTING:
- 5 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. and prepare a 10 cup bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place all of the cake ingredients into a large mixing bowl and with an electric mixer on low speed, combine the ingredients for about one minute. Scraping down the sides as needed.
- Turn the mixer to medium and beat the cake batter for 2 minutes. Pour the mixture into the prepared bundt pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in the baking pan for 15 minutes before inverting onto a plate. Cool completely before frosting.
- Prepare the posting by creaming the cream cheese and lemon zest together until smooth. Add in the powdered sugar, milk, and lemon juice and stir until smooth. Frost the cooled cake.
- Store leftovers in the fridge, covered for up to 5 days.
For this recipe, you will need an 8-ounce block of cream cheese. Divided it will make the cake and the frosting.
This recipe will require approximately 3-4 large lemons for the juice and zest needed for the cake and the frosting.
If you prefer more of a lemon glaze, thin the frosting with more milk until you get your desired consistency.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 284Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 67mgSodium: 405mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 1gSugar: 27gProtein: 5g
Please note that nutrition is not guaranteed accurate.
Check out the amazing prizes you can win in our #LemonWeek Giveaway!
Prize #1: Rodelle Prize Pack
Rodelle Prize Pack includes:
2 count Gourmet Madagascar Vanilla Beans
2oz Almond Extract
4oz Natural Baker’s Extract
4oz Vanilla Paste
8oz Gourmet Vanilla Extract
25oz Organic Baking Cocoa
Prize #2: La Tourangelle Prize Pack
La Tourangelle Prize Pack includes:
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Roasted Walnut Oil
Regenerative Sunflower Oil
4oz Vanilla Paste
Fleur de Sel Almond Butter