The Best Lemon Raspberry Bundt Cake
Love it? Pin it!
Don’t forget where you found this delicious and easy glazed lemon raspberry bundt cake recipe! Pin it to your favorite Pinterest recipe board before you go!
Where does bundt cake come from?
Just like so many great confections bundt cake was inspired by a German cake called “Gugelhupf” which is a fun name to say. The modern “bundt” style pan actually was invented by a company in the US called “Nordic Ware.” However, it wasn’t until Pillsbury picked up the idea of using that style pan to bake cakes in that things really took off.
Friends in high places as they say.
What does 7up Soda do for the cake?
Not only does 7up add a touch of lemon but it also helps the cake to rise beautifully as well. Some people actually refer to it as “7up bundt cake”. 7up happens to be highly carbonated so it is ideal.
What is the difference between cake, sponge cake, and angel food cake?
How to release a bundt cake from the mold
Non-Stick is Key
The best way to go is to use preferably a non-stick bundt pan. Modern innovations can make a big difference at least in this case. However, even the old fashioned tin or aluminum ones work, too.
My Glazed Lemon Raspberry Bundt Cake Photoshoot
Recently I had professional brand photos taken. It was something that I always wanted to do, and it finally happened!
I did a kitchen remodel this past winter, and I had my photoshoot scheduled with Linden McKay Photography for April. Then, as it delayed so many things, the COVID pandemic happened. The photoshoot got pushed to June, and when I was trying to decide what to make for the pictures, this Glazed Raspberry Lemon Cake came to mind.
Linden captured me decorating the cake with the glaze and the fresh raspberries, and serving it up. I had so much fun with her. Even though things like this are totally and completely out of my comfort zone!
More Ways to Use your Bundt Pan
I have all sorts of ways to use that bundt pan! From dessert cakes to brunch cakes like coffee cakes, and monkey bread, there are all sorts of bundt cake recipes for you to enjoy. There are some recipes perfect for spring and summer bundt cakes too. If you don’t have a bundt cake pan, or maybe you would like another design? These recipes are the perfect excuse to grab a new one!
- Chocolate Macaroon Tunnel Cake – pictured above
- Pumpkin Spiced Coffee Cake with Brown Butter Glaze
- Pineapple Coconut Tunnel Cake
- Cinderella Cake – Pumpkin Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Lemon Rhubarb Bundt Cake
- Banana Bread Coffee Cake
- Carrot Bundt Cake
- Chocolate Espresso Cake
- Cinnamon Spice Coffee Cake
- Apple Monkey Bread
- Lousiana Stranger Cake
Time to get to the recipe for this Lemon Raspberry Bundt Cake!
- 1 -15.25 ounce lemon cake mix
- 1 -3.4 ounce package instant lemon pudding
- 1/3 cup oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup lemon lime soda, (7Up)
- 1 cup raspberries dusted in 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix cake ingredients, minus raspberries, in mixing bowl until moistened.
- Mix on medium for 2 minutes.
- Fold raspberries in.
- Pour into bundt pan and bake for 35-45 minutes or until toothpick in cake comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for about 10 minutes, then turn onto a wire rack to cool the rest of the way.
- When cake is cool, glaze and garnish with raspberries. Store in the refrigerator
adapted from Lemon Cake Recipe - Candi ~ The Devilish Dish
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 214Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 232mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 2gSugar: 21gProtein: 3g
nutrition isn't guaranteed accurate.