Irish Cream Cheesecake is a decadent dessert combining a chocolatey graham cracker crust with a rich Bailey’s Irish cream-flavored filling that’s studded with chocolate chips. The perfect dessert for when you are feeding a lot of people. Ideal for St. Patrick’s day, any special occasion, or for those days when you just need a piece of cheesecake, this Bailey’s cheesecake recipe most definitely fits the bill.
This has to be one of the best cheesecake recipes you’ll find. Truly dreamy and easy to make. You can prepare this Bailey’s Irish cream cheesecake a day or two in advance and store it in the fridge until you are ready to serve it. Leftovers can also be kept in the fridge for 3-4 days wrapped in plastic wrap or an airtight container. You can freeze this Irish cheesecake and maintain its delicious Irish cream flavor for up to 3 months. Though I can pretty much tell you it most likely won’t last that long uneaten!
Ingredients Needed For Homemade Irish Cream Cheesecake
Find complete measurements and instructions at the bottom of this post in the printable recipe card.
- Graham crackers, crushed – You can find premade graham cracker crumbs in the baking aisle at the grocery store or make your own. Graham cracker crumbs can also be bought premade at most grocery stores.
- Cocoa powder – Unsweetened cocoa powder works well.
- Sugar -I used white granulated sugar.
- Butter– I used unsalted butter, melted.
- Cream cheese– I used full-fat cream cheese, softened at room temperature for this creamy cheesecake. You can use low fat but you won’t get the same creaminess.
- Sugar – White sugar is used for the filling.
- Eggs – Any kind of eggs will work.
- Irish Cream (Bailey’s) – You can use Bailey’s Irish cream or any other kind of Irish cream. Or make your own Homemade Irish Cream.
- Mini semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided – You can also use full-sized chocolate chips or chopped baking chocolate. Dark chocolate is also a good option.
- Flour – All-purpose flour is used to coat the chocolate chips so they don’t sink to the bottom of the cheesecake pan.
How to make this Irish Cream Cheesecake Recipe
Preheat the oven to 375 and grease or spray a 9″ spring form pan with non-stick cooking spray.
Mix the contents of the chocolate graham cracker crust together with a fork.
Press tightly into the bottom of the prepared springform pan.
Beat the cream cheese and sugar using a hand mixer or food processor until creamy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add eggs, one at a time, beating into the mixture until combined. Mix the Irish Cream into the cream cheese mixture.
Combine 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips with flour and then gently fold into the cheesecake batter.
Pour over the graham cracker crust, and sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of chocolate chips on top.
Bake for 45 minutes. Edges will be set but the middle will jiggle a bit.
Cool in the pan on a cooling rack for 15 minutes. Remove and cool in the fridge for 3+ hours before cutting.
Top with heavy whipping cream and chocolate curls or sprinkles if you like.
Love it? Pin it!
If you love this recipe for Irish cream cheesecake make sure that you don’t lose it! Pin it to your favorite Pinterest recipe board before you go!
- What is an Irish creme cheesecake? An Irish cream cheesecake is a cheesecake that has an Irish creme liqueur added.
- What is Bailey’s cheesecake? Bailey’s Irish cream cheesecake is a traditional cheesecake that has Bailey’s Irish cream added to it.
- Can you buy Bailey’s cheesecake? You may be able to find a Bailey’s Cheesecake at your grocery store but it is fairly easy to make if you follow this recipe.
- What are 3 styles of cheesecake? The 3 styles of cheesecake include; New York Style which is very rich, dense, and tall, Regular cheesecake, which has a silkier texture and isn’t as dense, and No-bake cheesecake which needs to set in the fridge to firm up.
Change up the chocolate graham cracker crust for a chocolate cookie crust like an Oreo crust or use a regular graham cracker crust.
Change up the chocolate chips and use butterscotch or peanut butter instead.
To lighten things up a bit you can use one part cottage or ricotta cheese.
Top with sour cream or drizzle with heavy cream instead of whipped cream.
Tips & Tricks
Make sure to take the ingredients out of the fridge before you start so they come to room temperature. Softened cream cheese is easier to blend.
To ensure your cheesecake comes out nice and light you can also bake it in a hot water bath.
Add a touch of espresso powder to the cheesecake filling for a hint of coffee flavor.
Pour in some pure vanilla extract for more sweetness.
For an easy garnish pick up a can of whipping cream or make your own by whipping cream into stiff peaks.
For an even more indulgent dessert top the whole cheesecake with a thick layer of chocolate ganache instead of the chocolate chips.
More Decadent Desserts to Love
When it comes to cheesecake, my favorite is Chocolate Chip Cheesecake, how about you? But sometimes I just don’t have the time to invest in making it. That is when I always seem to gravitate toward my Mom’s Cherry Dessert recipe. It tastes so similar to cheesecake, but it’s a no-bake recipe that comes together so quickly.
This decadent Irish cream cheesecake is perfect for your St. Patrick’s day celebration; smooth and creamy with a hint of Bailey’s flavor it will not disappoint. Make it for your gang and let me know how they like it.
- 1 3/4 cups graham crackers, crushed
- 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 6 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup of sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup Irish Cream (Bailey's)
- 3/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- Preheat oven to 375 and grease or spray a 9″ spring form pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix the contents of the chocolate graham cracker crust together with a fork. Press tightly into the bottom of the prepared springform pan.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar in a mixer until creamy. Scrape the side of the bowl and add eggs, one at a time, beating into the mixture until combined.
- Mix in Irish Cream.
- Combine 1/2 cup of chips with flour and gently fold into the filling.
- Pour over the graham cracker crust, and sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Edges will be set but the middle will jiggle a bit.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes, before removing and cooling in the fridge for 3+ hours. Before cutting.
- Top with whipped cream, and sprinkles if you like.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 297Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 80mgSodium: 135mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 1gSugar: 30gProtein: 4g
Nutrition isn't always accurate.
This recipe was originally posted on March 10, 2012. It has been updated to improve user experience and reshared on March 10, 2023.