This Creamy Corned Beef & Cabbage Soup has all of the components of a Corned Beef & Cabbage meal, in a warming soup!
Do you love corned beef and cabbage? Oh my goodness, us, too!! It’s a meal I don’t just reserve for St. Patrick’s Day, either. I make this traditional Irish meal at least 4 or 5 times a year. My whole family loves it, and is really just so darn easy to prepare.
I thought, aside from lots of Reuben recipes (you guys know I can Reubenize just about anything, right?) what types of recipes can you make with leftover corned beef? Of course, the first thing that came to my mind was soup! It’s always in the front of my mind. This Creamy Corned Beef & Cabbage Soup was dreamt up and it was so good.
Ingredients in Creamy Corned Beef & Cabbage Soup
- corned beef
- butter, cream
- chicken stock
- caraway and celery seed
- garlic powder, salt and pepper
This made a good sized pot of soup and it was even better the next day! I used deli corned beef when I made this, but you can bet if I have any leftovers when I make Corned Beef & Cabbage in March, I will be making another pot! Leftover corned beef in my house in rarely ever a thing. Typically, if any of it wasn’t eaten, the kids take it home. But it works either way — I just hope you give it a try.
It has all of the things that make a food a comfort food to me. Soup, cream, potatoes and look at all of those hearty vegetables! Serve it up with some marbled Rye bread for dunking.
^ Love it? Pin it!! ^
More Delicious Corned Beef Recipes:
- Cream of Reuben Soup
- Corned Beef Hash & Eggs
- Corned Beef & Cabbage Dinner in the crock pot
- Traditional Reuben Sandwich
- Corned Beef & Swiss Puff Pastry Sliders
I’d love to hear about your favorite way to enjoy corned beef! Leave me a comment and tell me about your St. Patrick’s Day traditions, food or otherwise. And of course, I would love to hear what you think about this new Creamy Corned Beef & Cabbage Soup!
Let’s get to that recipe!!
- 1 pound corned beef, diced or shredded (can use deli style or leftover)
- 6 cups green cabbage, chopped
- 1 medium sized yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cups carrots, sliced
- 1.5 pounds of Ruby Gold new potatoes, skins left on, quartered
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 2 (32 ounce) cartons chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 pint heavy cream
- In your soup pot, add butter and onion over medium high heat. Sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add carrots and potatoes cook 5 minutes.
- Add chicken stock, spices and reduce heat to medium. Cook 15 minutes, or until veggies are desired tenderness.
- Add corned beef. Stir in cabbage. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add cream, heat through. Serve with rye bread.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 346Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 93mgSodium: 844mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 3gSugar: 6gProtein: 11g
Nutrition isn't always accurate.