- 1 lb ground Italian sausage
- 1½ tsp crushed red peppers
- 1 large diced white onion
- 4 Tbsp bacon pieces (I bought the REAL bacon pieces in the salad section, worked great and not as much grease)
- 2 tsp garlic puree
- 10 cups water
- 5 cubes of chicken bouillon
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 lb sliced Russet potatoes, or about 3 large potatoes (sliced with skins left on)
- ¼ of a bunch of kale chopped (I used my kitchen shears)
Sauté Italian sausage and crushed red pepper in a large pot. Drain excess fat, refrigerate while you prepare other ingredients.
In the same pan, sauté bacon, onions and garlic for approximately 15 mins. or until the onions are soft.
Mix together the chicken bouillon and water, then add it to the onions, bacon and garlic. Cook until boiling.
Add potatoes and cook until soft, about half an hour.
Add heavy cream and cook until thoroughly heated.
Stir in the sausage.
Add kale just before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 519Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 75mgSodium: 911mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 5gSugar: 6gProtein: 20g