Creamy pasta sauce with fresh mushrooms and spinach over chicken and fettuccine.
There is nothing like a pasta dish that makes my family happy to sit down to dinner! This pasta dish was a HUGE HIT with everyone.
It has a creamy pasta sauce made with cheese and cream, it’s filled with fresh mushrooms and spinach and served over fettuccine and chicken. It all came together in about 30 minutes, so it was perfect for a weeknight, but look at it — it would be perfect for a special occasion. We served it with some crusty bread, to mop up any sauce left on the plate. YUM!
- 6 small chicken breasts
- Flour, salt and pepper, for dredging
- 1 pound fettuccine, cooked according to package directions
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups cream (milk or half and half can be used)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces fresh white mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (6 ounce) package shredded Gouda cheese
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
recipe adapted from shewearsmanyhats.com