My kids love this broccoli cheese soup more than Panera Bread’s!
- 3-4 potatoes peeled and cubed
- 6 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 T butter
- 1 - 32 ounce chicken stock
- 2 - 16 ounce packages of frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 - 16 ounce jar cheese whiz
- 1 can cream of potato soup
- 2 cans cream of celery soup
- 1 - 8 ounce container sour cream
Saute your onion and celery in butter until soft. Add potatoes and chicken stock and simmer covered until potatoes are soft. (20-30 minutes)
Add broccoli, simmer about 15 minutes more.
With a potato masher, mash vegetables until they are small. Add to this the rest of the ingredients, stir and warm until ready to eat.
In the Crock Pot:
This recipe is also easy in the crock pot. When I make it in the crock pot I cook the veggies until they are soft and mash-able in the chicken stock. (on low all day)
About 30 minutes before dinner, mash, and add cream based ingredients, warm and serve.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 516 Total Fat: 29g Saturated Fat: 15g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 81mg Sodium: 1608mg Carbohydrates: 47g Fiber: 7g Sugar: 12g Protein: 20g
This, was one of three soups I made for Halloween when the Grandparents
came over before trick-or-treating.
the twins with their grandparents