Fire Roasted Tomato Soup
Fire Roasted tomatoes make for a perfect tomato soup.
- 1 large onion, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- Olive oil for sauteing
- 2- 28 ounce cans of *San Marzano whole tomatoes
- 1- 28 ounce can of *Muir Glen Organic fire roasted tomatoes
- 2 - 8 ounce cans of tomato sauce
- 2 - 6 ounce cans of tomato paste
- 2 - 32 ounce containers of chicken stock
- 3 teaspoons of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon of white pepper
- 4 cups milk (I used Vitamin D)
- tortilla strips
- sour cream
Saute onions and garlic in olive oil until translucent.
Add tomatoes, paste, sauce and chicken stock.
Bring to boil, cover and reduce heat and simmer for about 30 minutes.
Remove from heat and puree in a blender until tomatoes are desired consistency.
Add milk and seasonings and cook for another 15 minutes on low.
Serve topped with tortilla strips (the ones that you find for salads) and sour cream.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 281Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 1642mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 7gSugar: 20gProtein: 16g
Nutrition isn't always accurate.
Leave a Reply