Loaded baked potato meets cauliflower – baked in this super easy, extra delicious casserole!
There isn’t anything not to like about a loaded baked potato … am I right? Sour cream, cheese, onions, chives, butter and of course — bacon. I guess if you are watching carbs though, the potato is the part that wouldn’t be good? I am sure I should be watching my carbs … but mostly I just eat what I like. #BodyByBread But I love cauliflower– and I LOVE loaded baked potatoes. This right here? Win-Win.
Back in the day, every month I participated in a group called Secret Recipe Club. We were assigned a blog to bake/cook from each month and all at once, on a Monday, we would reveal our recipes and then see who got our blog and what they selected. It was always lots of fun. Then, like all good things, they say, it came to an end. Well, this month — we are having a reunion! I was given the blog Cheese Curd In Paradise. It’s a tasty blog FULL of so many recipes it’ll make your head spin!! It’s run by Ashley, and a blog after my own heart. Ashley has a little bit of everything on her site. You’ll need to pull up a chair and allot yourself some time once you start scrolling! I actually had been assigned this blog before. I made Ashley’s Hawaiian Chicken BBQ Sandwiches, In a Crockpot. They were delicious, but I couldn’t get my mind off of the Philly Cheese Steak Sloppy Joe’s she had on there, too! So I made those a short while later! Also Delicious! This time, I have three recipes on my short list to make soon, Ashley’s Churro Chex Mix, her Cheeseburger and Fries Casserole and of course, this Rhubarb Honey White Sangria!
Like I said — what’s not to like here? Steam the cauliflower, fried up some bacon, tossed in some sour cream, cheese and green onion. Give it a quick stir, and spread it into a casserole dish. Bake it with more cheese on top, and top it with some more green onions when it comes out.
Dig in. This makes a great side, or just a main dish. Either way, I hope that you try it and love it like we did!
Love cauliflower? Us, too!! Check out some of our other favorite Cauliflower Recipes!
Let’s get to the recipe!
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into pieces, about 5 cups
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced, divided
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled, divided
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, spray casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Steam cauliflower until just tender.
- Place cauliflower, sour cream, half of bacon, half of scallions, half of cheese in a bowl and salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Transfer to casserole dish, sprinkle with other half of cheese.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until heated though. Top with remaining cheese and scallions and serve hot.