My Halloween Snack Board is perfect for all ages, full of all sorts of sweet and savory treats and a wonderful peanut butter dip that will disappear like a ghost into thin air.
Halloween Snack Board – Perfect for Celebrating
Can you feel it? There’s a chill in the air that Halloween brings. Time for all of the spooky things, and all sorts of treats. It’s time for costume parties and trick or treating.
Just like the rest of 2020, Halloween will probably look different for many, if not most of us. Parties and trick-or-treating for some will be non-existent. But whether you are partying on a big scale, or just enjoying a scary movie at home with your family, this Halloween snack board is perfect!
It’s especially perfect if you love peanut butter because the peanut butter dip is absolutely out of this world fantastic! Especially with the festive orange cheese crackers and the green celery sticks. Because what goes better than peanut butter and celery or cheese crackers?
Maybe some apple slices? In hindsight, I guess I could have added those, too. But that’s one of the things I love about cheese boards, they are so versatile and customizable.
This post/recipe was created for #HalloweenTreatsWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.
SOME OF THE ITEMS BELOW CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS; I AM A PARTICIPANT IN THE AMAZON SERVICES LLC ASSOCIATES PROGRAM, AN AFFILIATE ADVERTISING PROGRAM DESIGNED TO PROVIDE A MEANS FOR US TO EARN FEES BY LINKING TO AMAZON.COM AND AFFILIATED SITES. I AM ALSO AN AFFILIATE FOR OTHER BRANDS. HOWEVER, I ONLY PROMOTE THINGS THAT I LOVE AND THINK YOU WILL LOVE, TOO. FOR MY ENTIRE DISCLOSURE POLICY PLEASE CLICK HERE.
Decorating a Halloween Snack Board
I pretty much got everything I needed for my snack board at the Target dollar spot. Some plastic multicolored spider rings, plastic bats and some eyeballs. The grey “webbing” and the little cauldron bowl also came from the dollar spot. I already had the black slate board and the candy eyeballs. The rest of it was just playing around with it and making it look cute!
This snack board is my second recipe for the 2020 edition of #HalloweenSweetsWeek, a group of 30 food bloggers are participating this week, sharing all sorts of fun Halloween recipes AND some great giveaways, too!
You will find the prizes and how to enter into the giveaways right below the printable recipe card for the Peanut Butter Dip at the bottom of this post.
What’s on a Halloween Snack Board?
As I said, it’s so easy to customize a snack board to what you like and what you have on hand. I thought I would share with you the ideas that I came up with for mine.
To make one like this, here is what you’ll need:
- Peanut Butter Dip – includes crunchy peanut butter, brown sugar, cream cheese, sea salt and honey
- Cheez-Its – orange cheese crackers. I like the Extra Big ones for spreading the peanut butter dip on
- Celery Sticks – great for peanut butter dip
- Cheese “Casket” – 8 ounce block of Pepper Jack cheese and an American cheese slice for the lettering
- Black Olives – Gotta have the black foods!
- Halloween Oreos – use a little of the orange filling from one of the cookies to secure on some candy eyes
- Gummy Worms, Candy Corn and Halloween M&M’s
- Pistachios and Wasabi Peas – the salty and spicy is a nice compliment to the sweet foods, and the green color is awesome
- Witch Brooms – pretzel sticks and string cheese
- Dipped Pretzel Rods – Small honey pretzel rods dipped in vanilla almond bark and sprinkles
- Monster Veggie Shapes – I found these monster shaped veggie chips at Walmart.
How to Make Edible Witch Brooms
You can make these cute little witch brooms for your Halloween cheese board by poking a pretzel stick into a small piece of string cheese. Either cut a larger one down, or purchase the bite-sized ones.
Peel up the string cheese to “fray” the bottom to make it look like a broom. I purchased some thicker pretzel sticks, the thinner ones would probably work better, I did have trouble with a couple of them splitting down the side. I have seen people tie a piece of fresh chive around the top of the cheese, but I forgot to get some. Next time, maybe!
Peanut Butter Dip Recipe
There were tons of recipes for peanut butter dip online. Most of them however were super sweet, and that just wasn’t what I was looking for. I wanted to get the feel of peanut butter crackers, or peanut butter stuffed celery, not a super fluffy dip. So, I reduced a lot of the sweetness and went for a more savory/salty peanut butter dip.
I wanted to be able to dip the celery in and scoop it up easily, but I also wanted to be able to spread it on a cracker.
For my dip, I used cream cheese, extra chunky peanut butter, brown sugar, honey and sea salt.
I loved how it turned out and how it looked on the Halloween Snack Board. There was a little bit left, and my son-in-law took it home and ate it on toast for breakfast.
Love it? PIN IT!
Don’t forget where you found this tutorial for a super cute and super delicious Halloween Cheese Board! Pin it to your favorite Pinterest recipe board before you go!
Scary? Nah — Scrumptious? You betcha!
More Cheese, Dessert and Snack Board Inspiration
Many people think that a charcuterie board is too difficult to make, when in actuality, they are about the easiest thing to take or to serve at a get-together, and the options are endless!
Serve them before a meal as an appetizer, or after the meal for dessert. Heck – serve it as the meal. I have been known to make charcuterie a meal more than once!
Here are some other ideas to inspire some cheeseboard making:
- How to Build a Charcuterie Board Like a Pro
- Valentine Dessert Board with a Red Velvet Heart Shaped Cheeseball
- Mediterranean Inspired Cheese Board with Cauliflower Hummus
- Easy Crudités Platter
- Thanksgiving Cheeseboard
- Modern Pickle & Olive Tray
- Sweet Christmas Snack Platter
Shop my Amazon Storefront where you can find an entire section that is full of Cheeseboard and Charcuterie Essentials!
See ALL of my Halloween Recipes and Ideas
Let’s grab the recipe for that Peanut Butter Dip and get to assembling our Halloween Sweet & Savory Snack Board!
Peanut Butter Dip
This peanut butter dip was the centerpiece of my Halloween Snack Board, but it's not just for Halloween! It's perfect for dipping and spreading on celery sticks, apples, cheese crackers and pretzels anytime!
- 3/4 cup Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (I used a coarser salt)
- Mix all of the ingredients together and place in a bowl.
- Serve with celery, cheese and regular crackers, pretzels or apples.
If you prefer a fluffier dip, use more cream cheese, and whip it before mixing in the peanut butter. We like it with creamy peanut butter, too!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 146Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 285mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 1gSugar: 6gProtein: 4g
nutrition isn't guaranteed accurate.
Take a look more spooky Halloween recipes from our #HalloweenTreatsWeek Bloggers today:
Halloween Cookies & Bars:
- Bat Sugar Cookies from The Flour Handprint
- Voodoo Doll Cookies from Sweet ReciPEAS
- Halloween Confetti Cookies from Fake Ginger
Halloween Cakes & Cupcakes:
- Marshmallow SpiderWeb Cupcakes from Big Bear’s Wife
- Candy Corn Poke Cake from Devour Dinner
- Halloween Brownie Cupcakes from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cupcakes from It’s Shanaka
- Spider Brownie Bites from Tastes of Homemade
- Evil Dead Necronomicon Brownies from Savory Moments
Halloween Pies & Cheesecakes:
- Mini Candy Corn Cheesecakes from Cheese Curd in Paradise
- Halloween Themed Layered Drinks from 4 Sons R Us
Chilled Halloween Treats:
- Easy Chocolate Pudding from Pastry Chef Online
Sweet Halloween Treats:
- Halloween Bark from West Via Midwest
- Halloween Snack Mix from Savory Experiments
- Healthy Halloween Snacks from House of Nash Eats
- Sweet & Savory Halloween Snack Board from An Affair from the Heart
- Spooky Candy Bark from Sweet Beginnings
- Poisoned Candy Apples from Fresh Coast Eats
- Donut Hole Mummies from Family Around the Table
- Halloween Caramel Popcorn Munch Recipe from Back To My Southern Roots
- Spiderweb Baked Donuts from Lemon Blossoms
Savory Halloween Recipes:
- Mini Monster Meatball Sliders from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Mummy Brie from The Spiffy Cookie
- Halloween Deviled Eggs from I am a Honey Bee
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing brand sponsors: Dixie Crystals that provided a prize pack for our giveaways and also sent some samples and products to the #HalloweenTreatsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes. We would also love to give a huge thanks to our Halloween Treats Week bloggers because a lot of them also donated prizes for the giveaways, including: Angie of BigBearsWife , Nicole of Nicole Taggart’s Origami Owl Jewelry Bar, Kathy of Lemon Blossoms, Terri of Our Good Life, Julie of Back To My Southern Roots, Peabody of Sweet ReciPEAS, Megan of Strawberry Blondie Kitchen, Nicole of For the Love of Food Blog, Michaela of An Affair from the Heart, Jennifer of Take Two Tapas , Michele of West Via Midwest, Shanaka of It’s Shanaka, Ashley of Cheese Curd In Paradise, and Amy from House of Nash Eats!
Leave a Reply