S’mores cookie bars are everything you expect in a S’mores. You get the rich and creamy chocolate, the gooey marshmallow, and the graham cracker. But then, you take everything in a radical new direction. Because instead of a cracker packed with melted marshmallow and chocolate, you create, in essence, a cookie packed with a s’more.
Might sound a little wonky, but trading the oven for an open fire may be the best idea you’ve had in a while. And the s’more flavors exist there in the cookie too. Only, now you can easily make a whole tray of s’more cookie bars!
I have had a recipe for these S’Mores Cookies in my “I want to make recipe file” since 2011. Yep. You heard me right. Ten years. I figured it was high time that I got them made! Whether you call them a S’Mores Cookie or S’Mores Cookie Bars it’s completely up to you. They are delicious no matter what you call them!
Quick And Easy S’more Cookie Bars
So, no more waiting for that one marshmallow to melt enough to add to one cracker. Let’s not even get into how messy that can turn out when everything slides off. S’more cookie bars are quick to make too. Plus, you can make enough to go around for everyone and still have some leftovers.
Wait until you try one. It is like the best parts of a cookie, a brownie, and a classic s’more cracker all rolled into one.
Are S’mores Cookie Bars Still Really S’mores?
Since this contains all the basic ingredients of a s’more marshmallow and chocolate graham cracker sandwich, it is still legit. S’mores have been around for ages, and anyone that has ever had kids in cub scouts, boy scouts, or girl scouts knows there is nothing like a blazing fire to gather around for making s’mores.
It makes everyone forget all about those pesky mosquitoes on the campout. But with s’more chocolate chip cookie bars, you can still gather around a fire to eat them, but you definitely don’t have to deal with the bugs or sleeping on the ground either.
S’mores Cookie Bars Travel Well
Where this s’mores cookie recipe really takes off is how easily you can pack it up and take it with you. To the game. To the park picnic. Or the potluck. They stack nicely, pack tightly, and travel lightly. You can even easily heat them with a grill if you are tailgating as long as you keep them over indirect heat.
Peep my sweet Theo in the background. This dog comes running whenever he hears the mixer! I have never met a pupper with such a sweet tooth!
The Ingredients For S’mores Cookie Bars
- graham crackers
- sugar and brown sugar
- baking soda
- Hershey bars – the original recipe calls for chocolate chips in the dough but I used chopped Hershey Bar.
- miniature marshmallows
How To Make S’mores Chocolate Chip Cookies Bars
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Place graham cracker squares on the baking sheet making sure they touch. Set pan aside.
With a mixer, cream together butter and two sugars until fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Sift in flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix in thoroughly.
Chop two of the Hershey bars roughly. Fold them and the marshmallows into the cookie dough. Refrigerate dough for 1 hour.
Divide the dough into 24 equal-sized dough balls and place them atop each of the cracker squares.
Bake for 7 minutes. Remove the pan and press in one Hershey’s chocolate square into the top of each cookie. Continue baking for another 5 -8 minutes, or until cookies are baked and set.
Cool before cutting.
I used a pizza cutter, that worked great!
Love them? Pin them!
Don’t forget where you found this s’more cookie recipe! Pin it to your favorite Pinterest recipe board before you go!
Variations On S’mores Cookie Bars
If you want to get fancy, then there are a few ways to trick these bars out. You can add shredded coconut or a few spoonfuls of crunchy peanut butter to the dough mix. Decorate them with M&Ms if you want to splash a little color in there. Add a single caramel candy underneath the cookie dough before you bake them to add a layer of chewy caramel to it.
More S’mores Inspired Recipes
If you love S’mores mike we do – here are some more recipes to try!
- S’mores Brownies (pictured above)
- S’mores Yogurt Two Ways
- Another way to do S’mores Treats
- You will love this S’mores Cream Pie
More Bar Recipes To Check Out Too!
Let’s bake some S’Mores Cookie Bars!
- 12 graham cracker sheets, broken in two to make 24 squares
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 11 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 Hershey bars, divided
- 1 heaping cup miniature marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Place graham cracker squares on the baking sheet making sure they touch. Set pan aside.
- With a mixer, cream together butter and two sugars until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Sift in flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix in thoroughly.
- Chop two of the Hershey bars roughly. Fold them and the marshmallows into the cookie dough.
- Refrigerate dough for 1 hour.
- Divide the dough into 24 equal-sized dough balls and place them atop each of the cracker squares.
- Bake for 7 minutes. Remove the pan and press in one Hershey's chocolate square into the top of each cookie. Continue baking for another 5 -8 minutes, or until cookies are baked and set.
- Cool before cutting. I used a pizza cutter, that worked great!
- Store in an airtight container.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 221Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 162mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 1gSugar: 19gProtein: 3g
Please note that nutrition is not guaranteed accurate.
Wednesday Christmas Cookie Recipes
- Andes Peppermint Oatmeal Cookies from Christmas Tree Lane
- Cherry Pecan Thumbprint Cookies from Family Around the Table
- Chocolate Linzer Cookies from Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Blossoms from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Cinnamon Spiral Cookies from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Dark Rum Cherry Almond Thumbprint Cookies from Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Easy Sugar Sprinkle Cookies from Palatable Pastime
- Gluten-Free Cream Cheese Sugar Cookies from Frugal & Fit
- Gingerbread Cookie Bars from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Ginger-Lemon Delights from Sweet Beginnings
- Glazed Orange Carrot Cookies from The Spiffy Cookie
- Italian Ricotta Cookies from Jen around the world
- Melted Snowman Cookies from Kathryn’s Kitchen Blog
- Mexican Wedding Cookies from Shockingly Delicious
- Pecan Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies from Kate’s Recipe Box
- Pistachio Rose Cookies from Magical Ingredients
- Reindeer Cookies from Devour Dinner
- S’Mores Cookie Bars from An Affair from the Heart
- S’Mores Drop Cookies from Daily Dish Recipes
- Snickerdoodles from Leftovers Then Breakfast
- Speculoos Cookies from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Stained Glass Cookies from Art of Natural Living
- Whipped Shortbread Cookies from Take Two Tapas
- White Chocolate Espresso Cookies from Blogghetti