Skip the trip to your favorite donut shop and make a batch of these Pumpkin Spice Air Fryer Biscuit Donuts this fall! Warm donuts with pumpkin spice sugar made with canned biscuits right in your air fryer will be the hit any morning. I can’t think of a better way to start the day, can you?
Want to be the hero of the morning? Then these pumpkin spice air fryer biscuit donuts are just the thing! In a matter of minutes, you and yours can be consuming warm pumpkin-spiced sugar-coated airy donuts. They are melt in your mouth heavenly in each bite. But don’t just take my word for it, make some and see for yourself!
Pumpkin Spice Air Fryer Biscuit Donuts
Did you know you can make air fryer donuts? This little machine continues to amaze me with how versatile it is! I whipped up a batch of Pumpkin Spice Air Fryer donuts made from premade biscuit dough sprinkled with my very own pumpkin spice seasoning for a nice fall twist. Skip the hot oil and feel a little better about eating these air fryer donuts!
Air Fryer Biscuit donuts are so simple to make and come together very quickly. Bake up a batch for breakfast or brunch, serve them warm with some hot coffee and watch them disappear quickly.
Air Fryer Donuts
Ready-made biscuit dough, cut into donuts, are air fried for just a few minutes and then brushed with butter and pumpkin spice seasoning. These biscuit donuts take a lot of the work out of making donuts and are a great way to get your donut fix while enjoying the spices of the season.
Ingredients Required For Pumpkin Spice Donuts
With only 4 simple ingredients and your air fryer, you’ll be noshing on donuts in no time!
Biscuits – I used a can of jumbo refrigerated biscuits. This premade biscuit dough can usually be found in the dairy case of the grocery store. I sometimes buy Pillsbury Grands Biscuits for this recipe.
Sugar – White granulated sugar works best in this recipe.
Pumpkin spice mix – I used this recipe for homemade spice mix instead of the usual cinnamon spice mix for donuts. You can use store-bought if you like, but the homemade pumpkin pie spice is easy to make and tastes amazing!
Butter – Melted butter adds to the flavor while helping the pumpkin spice sugar to stick to the outside of the donuts.
How to make Air Fryer Biscuits Donuts
Find the complete measurements and instructions in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
Begin by preheating your air fryer to 360 degrees Fahrenheit.
In a small bowl mix sugar and pumpkin spice mix together, and set aside.
Place each biscuit on a cutting board and using a small cookie cutter or biscuit cutter cut the hole in the middle so it looks like a donut. (look for a cutter that is about 1” in diameter). Place the donut holes aside.
Lightly coat the inside of your air fryer with either olive oil spray or coconut oil spray. Refrain from using a non-stick spray, like Pam, in your air fryer, as it can harm it.
Air fry the donuts first. You may need to do these in batches, based on the size of your air fryer basket. Place the donuts in a single layer in your basket, taking care they do not touch.
Air fry for 5 minutes.
Brush the outside of the hot homemade donuts with melted butter using a pastry brush and immediately roll it in the pumpkin cinnamon spice sugar mixture. Place them on a cooking rack to cool down.
To make the Air fryer Donut Holes: air fry the donut holes, using the same process, and air fry for about 3 minutes.
Serve immediately. They are best when they are warm.
Love it? Pin it!
If you love this recipe for pumpkin spiced air fryer biscuit donuts make sure that you don’t lose it! Pin it to your favorite Pinterest recipe board before you go! Note that you can use the same method to make cinnamon sugar donuts in the air fryer anytime.
Does an air fryer work for donuts? Yes! Air fryers are perfect for making donuts without using any oil. In fact, you’ll find these air fryer biscuits donuts taste just as good as oil-fried donuts. Even better in my opinion. And way easier.
How do you reheat sugar donuts in an air fryer? To reheat your delicious donuts place them back in the air fryer and cook for a few minutes until they get crispy.
How do you make donuts in the air fryer? To make easy air fryer donuts, follow this easy recipe or choose your favorite donut recipe and cook them in the air fryer instead of frying them in a pot of vegetable oil.
Choose whatever you like to flavor the donuts; roll them in sprinkles or glaze them with your favorite icing. Make them year-round with a cinnamon sugar mixture instead of pumpkin spice by swapping out the pumpkin spice seasoning for good quality cinnamon.
Tips & Tricks For Air Fryer Donuts With Biscuits
- You can store the cooled leftover donuts in an airtight container on the kitchen counter for a day or so. These donuts really are best when you eat them right away though.
- Don’t discard the donut holes! You can bake them up as well.
- If you don’t have a small biscuit cutter for the center, you can use a small cookie cutter (I used a heart-shaped one) a small shot glass, or even a bottle cap to cut the hole in the middle.
More Donut Recipes to FALL in Love with
Here are some more donut recipes to enjoy:
- Glazed Baked Pumpkin Donuts (pictured above)
- Powdered Sugar Donuts
- Double Chocolate Baked Donuts
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Donuts
- Pączki (Polish donuts)
- Baked Banana Donuts
- Maple Bacon Baked Donuts
- Cranberry Vanilla Donuts
These air fryer biscuits donuts are soft and chewy with just the right amount of pumpkin cinnamon sugar. Best of all they cook up in just a few minutes so you can relax with a cup of coffee and a golden brown fresh donut in no time.
- 1 can of biscuits, the refrigerated jumbo sized ones
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ Tablespoon pumpkin spice mix
- 5 Tablespoons butter, melted
- Begin by preheating your air fryer to 360 degrees F.
- In a small bowl mix sugar and pumpkin spice mix together, set aside.
- Place each biscuit on a cutting board and using a small cookie cutter or biscuit cutter cut the hole in the donut. (look for a cutter that is about 1” in diameter)
- Lightly coat the inside of your air fryer with either olive oil spray or coconut oil spray. Refrain from using a non-stick spray like pam in your air fryer, as it can harm it)
- Air fry the donuts first. You may need to do these in batches, based on the size of your air fryer basket. Place the donuts in a single layer in your basket, taking care they do not touch.
- Air fry for 5 minutes.
- Brush the outside of the hot donut with melted butter with a pastry brust and immediately roll it in the pumpkin spice sugar.
- To air fry the donut holes, use the same process, and air fry for about 3 minutes.
- Serve immediately. They are best when they are warm.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 139Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 101mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 0gSugar: 13gProtein: 1g
Please note that nutrition is not guaranteed accurate.