- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 medium sized sweet onion, chopped
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups celery, chopped
- 1 - 14 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2 - 8 ounce cans tomato sauce
- 12 ounces macaroni noodles, or what you have on hand
Brown ground beef with onion and celery, sprinkled with salt and pepper.
Drain any excess grease.
Return to pan, add carrots, tomatoes and tomato sauce.
Simmer for about 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
While sauce is simmering, boil, drain and rinse noodles.
Add to sauce, combine and serve.
May be topped with Parmesan cheese.
Feel free to add more veggies if you like, my Mom always puts corn in hers. Use your imagination. Can be cut in half easily. I have a big family, so I cook big!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 506Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 135mgSodium: 706mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 6gSugar: 10gProtein: 49g
Nutrition isn't always accurate.