- 1 box Strawberry Cake mix, plus ingredients to make as instructed on package (oil, eggs and water)
- 12 ounces Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 package (.23 oz size) of Kool-Aid Lemonade OR about 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- yellow food coloring gel, a couple of drops, to get to your desired yellow color
- 1- 13 ounce and 1- 3 ounce jar Marshmallow Fluff
- 12 ounces Cool Whip Whipped topping
- fresh strawberries for garnish
Bake cake in two 9″ layer pans according to package instructions.
Cool on wire racks.
In your mixer, cream with a paddle attachment, cream cheese, kool-aid (or lemon juice) and food coloring.
Stir in Marshmallow Fluff until creamy, making sure to scrape the sides of the mixer bowl.
Fold in Cool Whip, place in the refrigerator until ready to frost.
Slice cake layers in half once. You will now have four layers.
Spread frosting in between each layer of the cake, stacking the layers.
Do a “crumb coat” over the top and sides of the cake. Place cake and remaining frosting in the refrigerator for about an hour.
Frost with remaining frosting and garnish with sliced strawberries.
**Notes: I had made this with the Kool Aid for the first go-around. I threw away the remaining Kool Aid, and only had one package. When I made the send (half) batch, I used lemon juice, and it tasted perfectly fine. Next time I will probably just go that way to begin with. Then there is no waste.
Add more lemon juice if you want to amp up the lemon flavor. Just go easy, it gets really tart really quickly.
adapted from Jam Hands
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 3336Total Fat: 234gSaturated Fat: 158gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 56gCholesterol: 626mgSodium: 1628mgCarbohydrates: 285gFiber: 3gSugar: 237gProtein: 41g
Nutrition isn't always accurate.