This coconut cream poke cake is so moist, and it’s topped with coconut cream whipped cream frosting and sweetened coconut. A Coconut Lover’s DREAM come true!
^Love it? Pin IT!^
Ingredients in Coconut Cream Poke Cake:
- white cake mix
- instant vanilla pudding
- milk, sweetened condensed milk, coconut cream
- eggs, oil
- Plus ingredients for Coconut Whipped Cream Frosting
Other Favorite Coconut Recipes:
- Jamaican Coconut Sweet Rice
- Coconut Mug Cake for One
- Coconut Cream Pie
- Coconut Muddy Buddies
- Coconut Key Lime No Bake Cheesecake Jars
- Shrimp Coconut Curry Soup
But it’s time to give you what you came here for. Let’s make this Coconut Cream Poke Cake with Coconut Whipped Cream Frosting. Shall we?
- 1 box of white cake mix
- 1 3.4 ounce box of instant vanilla pudding
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup oil
- 3 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- "Poke" Cream:
- 1- 15 ounce can coconut cream
- 1- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1- 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 1/2 cups shredded sweetened coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease and flour 2 - 9" cake pans.
- In your mixer, combine all of the ingredients for the cake for about 30 seconds, then beat for 2 minutes.
- Distribute evenly in each cake pan and bake for 30 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.
- Combine ingredients for cream and set aside.
- While cakes are warm poke holes all over with a large fork or skewer.
- Pour cream mixture over the top of the cakes.
- Place in the refrigerator for about 5 hours, or over night is even better.
- To make the frosting, cream together cream cheese, sugar and extracts until smooth.
- Then, with the whisk attachment, slowly add the whipping cream and and whip until stiff peaks form.
- To remove the cakes from their pans: This is a little tricky. I took a thin knife and ran it around the edge, and I sat the bottom of the pan in hot water for a minute or two, to loosen it up. I flipped it out onto a piece of waxed paper, then flipped it again onto my plate.
- Top with bottom layer with a little frosting, and about 1/2 cup of coconut.
- Place second layer on top, frost and top with remaining coconut.
- 1. This cake would be super easy to make as a 9x13, so if you're not looking for the presentation of the layers, I would recommend it! If you are making in a 9x13 you wouldn't have to worry about removing the layers from the pans after the cream mixture is added, just frost and top with coconut, and you're done!!
- 2. I got to thinking that every cake mix isn't the same, so rule of thumb: Replace water with milk, add pudding of choice, add extract and leave the eggs and oil as per instructions on the box of cake mix! you purchased.
- 3. Start with about 3/4 of the cream mixture. If the cakes are too wet, it makes them hard to move and stack.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 528 Total Fat: 33g Saturated Fat: 20g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 11g Cholesterol: 65mg Sodium: 331mg Carbohydrates: 52g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 47g Protein: 9g