This easy Sweet & Spicy Bacon Chicken recipe will have your family begging for more — slightly spicy, sweet chicken wrapped in bacon and baked or grilled up in about 30 minutes.
I have been dealing with a mess in my office for about 6 weeks now. I purchased a new desk, and that lead to new carpet, new paint … and well, it’s been quite a while since I have typed you a recipe from a clean office. That happens today.
What better recipe to bring you than something that isn’t only EASY – but coated in bacon and brown sugar?!
Have you ever had those little smokies that are wrapped in bacon then baked in brown sugar? These are kind of like that. But with a little bit of heat.
The recipe starts with 4 chicken breasts, cut into thirds. Lay chicken pieces in a 9×13 baking dish, coated with 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil. Sprinkle chicken with spices, flip over and sprinkle other side.
Wrap each piece of chicken with a slice of bacon. Cover with brown sugar. The chicken bakes up in about 35 minutes, the bacon is crispy and it is OH SO GOOD!
I got this recipe out of the “What’s Cookin’ – Harlan Newspaper” cookbook. Honestly, the only thing I would change is I would make more. There are 6 of us, which allowed each of us 2 pieces of chicken, there were a lot of sad faces when there weren’t any more. 😉
- 4 chicken breasts, cut in thirds (12 pieces)
- 12 slices of bacon
- Salt & Pepper
- Garlic Powder
- Chili Powder
- Brown sugar (about ⅔ cup)
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut each chicken breast into thirds, leaving you with 12 pieces.
- Lay chicken pieces in a 9x13 baking dish, coated with 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil. (can use non-stick cooking spray also) Sprinkle chicken with spices, flip over and sprinkle other side.
- Wrap each piece of chicken with a slice of bacon. Cover with brown sugar.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and bacon is nice and crispy.
- Drizzle with glaze it made (yum!) and serve.
There weren’t really any measurements for the spices or the brown sugar. I used about 2/3 cup of brown sugar, and I sprinkled the chicken lightly with each spice. If you don’t feel comfortable with that, add about 2 teaspoons of each to a small bowl, mix it up and sprinkle it on with your fingers.
Love chicken like we do? Here is a magnificent collection of chicken recipes for you to browse: