Perfect appetizers – meatballs stacked with all of the ingredients for a deluxe bacon cheeseburger!
That crazy busy time of the year is upon us. Back to school, with all of the craziness that entails, football and tailgating, then before you know it the holidays will be here. Us busy parents need help. Some easy recipes to get us through, some snack hacks! Well, we are in luck, because I have created one of the best snack hacks ever!
You should have seen the look on my husband and son’s faces when they came home just in the nick of time for the big game and saw these ready and waiting. You see, my youngest son is a bit of a cheeseburger connoisseur.
That daily question, “What’s for dinner?” You know the one, right? Well, at our house, when the answer is cheeseburgers, he is pretty excited to say the least.
Just in time for tailgating and holiday parties, I bring you these super easy, super duper yummy Bacon Cheeseburger Meatballs!
The recipe starts with Farm Rich Original Meatballs – layer on a piece of cheese, a hunk of bacon, and your favorite cheeseburger toppings – skewer them together with a toothpick, and serve them right up!
What’s a snack hack you ask? It’s grabbing a quick Farm Rich Snack from the “snack & appetizers” freezer section at your local Walmart, popping over to the produce section for some fresh ingredients, marrying these two together and make not only something quick, but awesome!
I baked the frozen meatballs on a cookie sheet. While they were baking I skewered my tomato, lettuce, pickle and bacon onto a toothpick. I cut little slices of American cheese that would be melted on top of each meatball, then simply poke that decorated skewer in and serve hot.
I had small containers with a squirt of ketchup, mustard and mayo for dipping, if desired. Pop it in your mouth, and wow! It’s just like taking a big bite of a deluxe bacon cheeseburger!
^Love It? PIN IT!!^
What would YOUR snack hack be?
- Farm Rich Original Meatballs
- American Cheese, cut in small pieces
- Pre-Cooked Bacon slices, cut in small pieces
- Ice Berg Lettuce, cut into small pieces
- Grape Tomatoes, cut in half
- Bake up as many Farm Rich Original Meatballs as you desire, following the package instructions.
- Meanwhile: Cut small pieces of American cheese to melt on top when meatballs are baked.
- “Stack” your desired toppings on toothpicks. I used a piece of bacon, a small piece of ice berg lettuce and a half grape tomato.
- When the baking time is up, top each meatball with a small slice of cheese, place back in the oven for a couple of minutes more to let the cheese melt.
- Poke the already stacked skewer into the meatball, plate and serve.
- Serve with ketchup, mayo and mustard dipping “sauce” if desired.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 38 Total Fat: 3g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 9mg Sodium: 103mg Carbohydrates: 1g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 1g Protein: 2g
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BackYourSnack #CollectiveBias