Salty pretzels, creamy caramel, semi sweet chocolate and a sprinkling of sea salt, that’s right, only four ingredients and this sweet and salty treats can be yours to enjoy!
Are you like me? Do you love those sweets that are a little on the salty side? Sweet & Salty treats are among my most favorite. Think … what’s your favorite candy bar? Does it have a little of both? The best of both worlds you might say? If it does — we have that in common! Well, today’s latest recipe falls into that category. BUT first I have to tell you a little about what’s in store for you this week!
Today is one of my favorite days of the year, because it is the official start of #Choctoberfest. This is the third annual food blogger celebration of all things chocolate, made possible thanks to our gold sponsor Imperial Sugar and the other sponsors listed below.
Over 70 bloggers are participating in #Choctoberfest 2017 and will be posting 200+ chocolate recipes over the next week. Keep your eyes peeled, visit any of the blogs listed below, or use the #Choctoberfest hashtag on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook to follow along. You can also check out our #Choctoberfest Pinterest board, where we post chocolate recipes all year long.
You can also enter to win our #Choctoberfest prize pack. Thanks to our amazing sponsors who are contributing the following items for the prize:
- $100 gift card to Williams Sonoma or Sur La Table from our gold sponsor Imperial Sugar
- 1 case of granulated white sugar (40 pounds), 1 case of light brown sugar (24 pounds), 1 case of dark brown sugar (24 pounds), and 1 case of powdered sugar (24 pounds) from our gold sponsor Imperial Sugar
- 16 oz Barlean’s Butter-Flavored Coconut Oil, 9.52 oz canister of Chocolate Silk Greens, and 8oz bottle of Essential Women Omega-Swirl Chocolate Mint from our silver sponsor Barlean’s
- 300-piece Lindt LINDOR Truffles gift bag (you choose the flavors!) from blog sponsors The PinterTest Kitchen
This prize pack is valued at over $450! To enter, simply follow participating sponsors and bloggers using the below giveaway widget.
Stay tuned to see the delicious recipes bloggers have cooked up using Imperial Sugar and Barlean’s products. Thank you also to Davis Chocolate and Rodelle for being #Choctoberfest shoutout sponsors! Watch Instagram and Facebook to find out more about about their chocolate products.
Here is a complete list of all the bloggers participating in #Choctoberfest 2017, so you can see the recipes they are posting throughout the week:
The PinterTest Kitchen ♥ Fix Me a Little Lunch ♥ Savory Moments ♥ Crumbs in my Mustachio ♥ House of Nash Eats ♥ Bake It With Love ♥ That Recipe ♥ Hardly A Goddess ♥ Cooking With Carlee ♥ A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures ♥ Body Rebooted ♥ Cindy’s Recipes and Writings ♥ The Redhead Baker ♥ Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice ♥ Sweet Coralice ♥ Seduction in The Kitchen ♥ Cooks&Books&Recipes ♥ Everyday Eileen ♥ Under My Apple Tree ♥ Family Around The Table ♥ Bottom Left of the Mitten ♥ The Spiffy Cookie ♥ Fairyburger ♥ Join Us, Pull up a Chair ♥ Jonesin’ For Taste ♥ Jane’s Adventures in Dinner ♥ Take Two Tapas ♥ Jennifer Bakes ♥ The Unlikely Baker ♥ Hostess At Heart ♥ Karen’s Kitchen Stories ♥ Kate’s Recipe Box ♥ Kelly Lynns Sweets and Treats ♥ Wildflour’s Cottage Kitchen ♥ Chocolate Slopes ♥ Little House Big Alaska ♥ Makes, Bakes and Decor ♥ 2 Cookin Mamas ♥ That Skinny Chick Can Bake ♥ Books n’ Cooks ♥ Mildly Meandering ♥ Living Ideas ♥ Restless Chipotle ♥ Get the Good Stuff! ♥ The Weekday Gourmet ♥ An Affair from the Heart ♥ West Via Midwest ♥ Cookie Dough and Oven Mitt ♥ The Bitter Side of Sweet ♥ Cookaholic Wife ♥ Daily Dish Recipes ♥ For the Love of Food ♥ The Saucy Southerner ♥ Cook’s Hideout ♥ By the Pounds ♥ Tramplingrose: Cooking, Baking & Ranting in Small-Town South Dakota ♥ Sarah Cooks the Books ♥ Chef Sarah Elizabeth ♥ Fantastical Sharing of Recipes ♥ Sarah’s Bake Studio ♥ The Pajama Chef ♥ Frankly Entertaining ♥ Long Distance Baking ♥ Palatable Pastime ♥ The Freshman Cook ♥ The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine ♥ A Day in the Life on the Farm ♥ Wendy Polisi ♥ Tampa Cake Girl ♥ My Southern Sweet Tooth ♥ Canning and Cooking at Home ♥ Full Belly Sisters ♥ SuperSizeGuy.com ♥ Our Good Life ♥ The Life Jolie
I hope you got yourself all entered to win those awesome prizes!! Are you ready to hear more about these Salted Caramel Chocolate Pretzel Bars? This is my first of THREE recipes I will personally be sharing with you during #Choctoberfest2017 . Wednesday you can look forward to my Chocolate Ganache Brownies, they are a favorite among many, and on Friday, I am sharing Chocolate Pancakes with Homemade Raspberry Sauce. Follow along with me here, and on my Instagram Live Feed for behind the scenes fun!
One of the BEST things about this recipe? FOUR ingredients, no baking and just plain E A S Y !
1. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, Melt chocolate and spread into a “rectangle shape.” 2. Press pretzels into the warm chocolate, it’s okay to let them overlap. 3. Pour melted caramels over the top of the pretzels. 4. Drizzle with more melted chocolate and sprinkle with sea salt.
Place the pan in the refrigerator for caramel and chocolate to set. Cut or break into pieces. Great for snacking, or would make a great gift this Christmas.
No bake treats like these are great at the holidays for a quick and easy hostess gift, or a nice filler on holiday trays among the other goodies!
Who’s ready for today’s recipe? Let’s get to it!
- 1 (12 ounce) package of good quality semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted and divided
- 8 ounces mini pretzel twists
- 1 (11 ounce) package caramels, melted
- Coarse sea salt for sprinkling
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, Melt 8 ounces of chocolate whether on the stove or in the microwave, on low, stirring frequently, when melted and smooth, spread into a "rectangle shape" on prepared pan.
- Press pretzels into the warm chocolate, it's okay to let them overlap.
- Unwrap and melt caramels with about 2 Tablespoons of water. Again you can do this on the stove or in the microwave. Just make sure you are stirring frequently. When caramels are melted and smooth pour them over the pretzels.
- Melt remaining 4 ounces of chocolate chips and drizzle over caramel and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Place in the refrigerator until caramel and chocolate are set. Break or cut into pieces.