This is unlike ANY Thousand Island Dressing you will find in a bottle. Homemade is the way to go!
I will confess, I have never been a lover of Thousand Island Dressing. That was until now.
I make a lot of Reuben themed recipes. We love them, but I typically left the dressing off of them. Feeling like I was cheating and not getting the whole experience.
I made this up when I made Reuben Pinwheels, I used it in the pinwheels itself as well as a dipping sauce. Holy smokes, was it amazing.
My kids were eating it with a SPOON.
I will never buy the bottled stuff again.
- ½ clove garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup chili sauce
- 2 Tablespoons ketchup
- 1½ Tablespoons minced onion
- 2 teaspoons sweet pickle relish
- ½ hard boiled egg, finely chopped
- fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- Whisk all ingredients together. Refrigerate covered and use within 2 days.