- 1 - 12 ounce box of pasta - I have used egg noodles and spaghetti (break longer pastas in half to fit in the pan better
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups fresh spinach slightly chopped
- 1 medium sized onion, sliced
- 32 ounces of broth, I use chicken broth or you can use vegetable
- 2 - 14.5 ounces cans diced tomatoes, (do not drain)
- 1 Tablespoon dried or fresh basil (rough chop fresh)
- 1/2 Tablespoon dried oregano
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Place all ingredients in your pot.
Make sure to give it a stir so the liquid covers the pasta and veggies.
Place a lid on your pot and cook, on your stove, on high until it begins a rapid boil.
Uncover and turn flame to medium.
Continue cooking for 15 minutes more, pasta will absorb the liquid.
Stir occasionally so pasta doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan.
DO NOT DRAIN.
Serve, topped with a little fresh grated Parmesan cheese.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 339Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 740mgCarbohydrates: 53gFiber: 6gSugar: 8gProtein: 14g
Nutrition isn't always accurate.