Where I learned to make these Mini Vacation a.k.a. Brazilian Lemonade Cocktails
History of the Brazilian Lemonade
So technically a true Brazilian Lemonade, or a Limonada Suíça, isn’t even a cocktail. If you order one in Brazil, you’ll get the creamy lime drink, minus the coconut rum. So feel free to do that if you’d like.
Some recipes call for only a few Tablespoons of sweetened condensed milk. Some recipes use the whole can. The later are our kind of people, people.
You see, when you make these cocktails (mocktails) you will be blending the entire lime. Yep, the whole thing, peel and all.
That means things can get bitter quickly. Between the peel and the pith (that white spongy liner between the peel and the citrus fruit itself), this drink needs that sweetness.
What are the ingredients in a Brazilian Lemonade Cocktail?
on a beach…someplace beautiful.Take a deep breath in. Exhale.
Repeat as necessary.
Love them? Pin them!
Cocktails that make you feel like you’re on vacation
If 2020 has taught us anything, it’s how to make the best of life, right at home. Travel has been pretty much non-existent.
Parties? Friends? Outings? Yea, those went by the wayside, too.
Take out, Netflix, game night, and Zoom happy hours took the place of all of that. I have quite a few cocktail recipes to enjoy right here on my blog. But I thought I would share some of my favorites that can help you vacation, even if it’s only in your mind.
Vacation Tasting Cocktail Recipes:
- Grown-Up Orange Julius (pictured above)
- Frozen Vodka Slush (large batch frozen cocktails)
- Blueberry Margaritas (blended large batch pitcher recipe)
- Nutty Monkey Smoothie (great with coconut rum!)
- Pink Squirrel Cocktails
- Pineapple Cucumber Rum Punch (large batch recipe)
- 4 large limes, washed thoroughly, with ends cut off, and cut into thin slices.
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 cups cold water
- 1 (14 ounce) can fat free sweetened condensed milk (can use full fat)
- Coconut Rum, to taste (Malibu Rum)
- Mix water and sugar, pour half of the this into your blender, add half of the limes. (yes the whole thing, skin and all!) Blend completely.
- Place a wire strainer (got to have small holes here!) over your pitcher that you will be serving the drinks in. Pour the mixture over the strainer and catch all of the pulp.
- Discard the pulp.
- Repeat with the other half of the limes and sugar water.
- To the lime and sugar water mix, add the sweetened condensed milk and stir. Chill until you're ready to mix up the cocktails, or drink as is as a mocktail, without the rum.
- Add rum to your glass of ice, pour drink mixture over and stir.
- Garnish with a lime slice and a cocktail umbrella if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 105Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 11mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 1gSugar: 23gProtein: 0g
Nutrition isn't guaranteed accurate
This Mini Vacation Cocktail Recipe (a.k.a. Brazilian Lemonade Cocktails) were first shared on October 15, 2011. They have been updated to improve user experience and re-shared on September 18, 2020.