- The Cake:
- 1 (12-oz.) package NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Semisweet Chocolate Morsels, divided
- 1 (18.25-oz.) package German chocolate cake mix
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cups orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- The Frosting:
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 1 (16-oz.) package confectioners sugar
- 2 to 3 Tbsp. orange juice
1. Microwave 1 cup chocolate morsels in a 2-cup glass measuring cup at HIGH 1 minute, stirring after 30 seconds. Stir until smooth. Cool slightly.
2. Beat cake mix and next 3 ingredients at low speed with an electric mixer until moistened. Increase speed to medium, and beat 1 to 2 minutes or until well blended and smooth. Add melted chocolate and vanilla, beating until blended. Spoon batter by 1/4-cupfuls into paper baking cups in muffin pans.
3. Bake at 375° for 16 to 18 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool in pans on wire racks 5 minutes. Remove from pans, and cool completely on wire racks. Spread Orange Butter Cream Frosting evenly over cupcakes.
Place remaining chocolate morsels in a 1-qt. zip-top plastic freezer bag; seal bag. Microwave at MEDIUM (50% power) 45 seconds to 1 minute, turning bag over after 30 seconds. Squeeze chocolate in bag until smooth. Cut a tiny hole in 1 corner of bag. Pipe melted chocolate over Orange Butter Cream Frosting on cupcakes by gently squeezing bag.
Beat butter and orange rind at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add confectioners sugar, beating until well blended.
2. Stir in 2 Tbsp. orange juice, adding additional orange juice, if necessary, to reach desired consistency
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 278Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 111mgSodium: 169mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 18gProtein: 3g
Nutrition isn't always accurate.