Smooth cream cheese, smoky sausage and tangy sauerkraut, all rolled in real bacon. Serve on crackers.
Tailgate season is still upon us, but the holidays are quickly approaching, too. It’s time to think about appetizers and what to feed company when they arrive.
This cheese ball has a magnificent flavor combination. It all works so very well together. Smokey polish sausage, creamy cream cheese, the tang of the sauerkraut and then roll it all into a pile of fresh bacon bits. Serve on a platter with crackers, and watch it disappear!
slightly adapted from original recipe on SauerKrautRecipes.com
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tablespoons onion, minced
- 2 [i]smoked[/i] Polish sausage, chopped in small bits
- 3/4 cup Frank's Kraut, drained well
- 3-4 ounces REAL bacon bits
Slightly adapted from original recipe found at http://www.sauerkrautrecipes.com/