Italian style meatballs, marinara sauce and spaghetti baked into a cheesy and delicious casserole. This will be a fast family favorite!
Pasta. What’s not to love, am I right?
Not only is it delicious, but it is also so versatile!
Don’t forget where you saw this recipe! Pin it before you go!
Spaghetti is in the regular rotation here. It’s something that’s quick and everyone agrees on.
What could possibly make spaghetti better? Bake it with cheese until it’s bubbly and even MORE delicious!
Just looks at THAT! Homemade Italian sausage meatballs, marinara, spaghetti and loads of cheese.
(It’s okay if you want to skip ahead to the recipe right now … I don’t blame you)
The presentation is beautiful, and the process is simple.
Let’s get started!
To prepare meatballs, combine the ingredients with your hands, then roll into small meatballs.
I was able to get 24 meatballs.
Place in a skillet and brown on all sides and until meatballs are cooked through.
Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to absorb any excess grease.
Place pasta in the bottom of a baking dish, add meatballs…
Top with both Parmesan and Italian cheese.
Bake for about 15 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and pasta is heated through.
Garnish with chopped fresh basil for serving, if desired.
Do YOU love pasta like WE love Pasta? Here are a couple of our favorites!
I don’t know about you – but I am starving after hearing about this delicious one-pot Baked Spaghetti and Meatballs!
- 1 (16 ounce) package spaghetti noodles, cooked al dente
- 1 (2 pound) jar spaghetti sauce, I used marinara
- 1 (8 Ounce) shredded Italian Cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
For the Meatballs:
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage (mild or spicy, your choice)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon of each: Onion Powder, garlic powder and oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh chopped basil for garnishing if desired.
- Cook spaghetti per package instructions fo al dente. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- To prepare meatballs, combine the ingredients with your hands, then roll into small meatballs. I was able to get 24 meatballs. Place in a skillet and brown on all sides and until meatballs are cooked through. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate to absorb any excess grease.
- **NOTE -- I used the same large cast iron skillet to cook my meatballs to bake my pasta. Simply wipe the excess grease out with a paper towel before adding pasta. If you aren't using the same pan, use a 9x13 baking dish, with some olive oil coated tot he bottom.. **
- Place pasta in the bottom of a baking dish, add meatballs, then sauce, then both Parmesan and Italian cheese.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and pasta is heated through.
- Garnish with chopped fresh basil for serving, if desired.
Makes GREAT leftovers!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 328Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 66mgSodium: 877mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 18g
Nutrition isn't always accurate.