Italian style meatballs, marinara sauce and spaghetti baked into a cheesy and delicious casserole. This will be a fast family favorite!
Pasta. What’s not to love, am I right?
Not only is it delicious, it is so versatile!
Spaghetti is in the regular rotation here. It’s something that’s quick and everyone agrees on.
What could possibly make spaghetti better? Bake it with cheese until it’s bubbly and even MORE delicious!
Just looks at THAT! Homemade Italian sausage meatballs, marinara, spaghetti and loads of cheese.
(It’s okay if you want to skip ahead to the recipe right now … I don’t blame you)
The presentation is beautiful, and the process is simple.
Let’s get started!
To prepare meatballs, combine the ingredients with your hands, then roll into small meatballs.
I was able to get 24 meatballs.
Place in a skillet and brown on all sides and until meatballs are cooked through.
Transfer to a paper towel lined plate to absorb any excess grease.
Place pasta in the bottom of a baking dish, add meatballs…
Top with both Parmesan and Italian cheese.
Bake for about 15 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and pasta is heated through.
Garnish with chopped fresh basil for serving, if desired.
- 1 (16 ounce) package spaghetti noodles, cooked al dente
- 1 (2 pound) jar spaghetti sauce, I used marinara
- 1 (8 Ounce) shredded Italian Cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
For the Meatballs:
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage (mild or spicy, your choice)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon of each: Onion Powder, garlic powder and oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh chopped basil for garnishing if desired.
Makes GREAT leftovers!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 328 Total Fat: 21g Saturated Fat: 8g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 14g Cholesterol: 66mg Sodium: 877mg Carbohydrates: 16g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 3g Protein: 18g
Do YOU love pasta like WE love Pasta? Here are a couple of our favorites!