S’more Brownies have a buttery graham cracker crust, a fudgy brownie center, and are topped with marshmallow buttercream frosting, mini chocolate chips and more graham cracker crumbs. You will be begging for S’more!
Typically, I am a really good sleeper. I even joke that I am a professional. I fall asleep within what seems like seconds of my head hitting the pillow, and rarely do I wake up and lay there not being able to go back to sleep like so many people. I am grateful for that all of the time. But sometimes … sometimes, I swear I am dreaming of recipes and I wake up and I kick ideas around in my head. That is where these came from.
I think this is what you call a “sweet dream?”
It seems I have been surrounded by S’mores recipes lately. I haven’t made anything s’mores for a long time. That needed to be remedied! Who doesn’t LOVE S’mores?!
Those are some of my past S’mores recipes … to name a few.
I think I may have outdone myself on these. I really had no idea how they would turn out for sure. I totally winged it. Boy — was I happy with the outcome. So were my kiddos! Crunchy, buttery graham cracker crust, fudgy brownie center then topped with a marshmallow buttercream frosting. I chilled them, and they were perfection.
Make a traditional graham cracker crust. Butter, sugar and graham cracker crumbs.
Press the crust into a 9×13 baking dish.
Top with your favorite brownie mix. I used a Pillsbury Chocolate Fudge mix. Bake it, cool it, and get ready to frost it.
I LOVE my marshmallow frosting recipe. It was perfect for these brownies. I slathered it on, topped with with some mini chocolate chips and some more graham cracker crumbs.
I refrigerated them before I cut them, only because it was really warm in my house that day. It’s not necessary, but we actually really liked them chilled. So, I kept them in the fridge. Well … for about 2 days then they were gone.
Are they calling your name yet??
Why wait?? Let’s get baking!!
- For the Graham Cracker Crust:
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 12 cracker sheets)
- 1 stick salted butter, melted
- ⅓ cup sugar
- For the brownie layer:
- 1 (18.4 ounce) box Chocolate Fudge Brownie mix
- + oil, water and eggs to prepare per package instructions.
- For the Marshmallow Buttercream Frosting:
- 1 (7 ounce) container Marshmallow Fluff
- 1 stick salted butter, softened
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- Decorate with mini chocolate chips and graham cracker crumbs if desired.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare graham cracker crust by mixing the ingredients together with a fork until the cracker crumbs are well moistened by the butter. Press them into the 9x13 baking dish using the back of the fork.
- Prepare the brownie mix (or feel free to use your own homemade recipe) as instructed on the box. Pour the brownie batter over the graham cracker crust and gently spread it out evenly. Take care not to lift the crust while you spread the batter out.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the brownies comes out clean.
- Cool completely before frosting.
- To prepare the frosting, cream your butter in your mixer until fluffy. (two minutes or so) Add in the Marshmallow Fluff and beat until combined. Slowly add in the powdered sugar. Add more if you want a thicker consistency. Beat until smooth. Spread over cooled brownies.
- Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips and graham cracker crumbs if desired.