Last week I told you that I decided to think outside the take out box and make a Chinese meal at home. I shared my Fried Rice with you last Friday, this Friday, as promised, I am sharing the main dish! This Asian Beef, Mushrooms and Snow pea dish was super good! We typically order beef and broccoli when we order take out, and I love to have them add snow peas.
I am weird when it comes to peas. I would have to say that peas are probably one of my least favorite veggies, unless they are in a pod. Canned peas are especially atrocious!
Give me snow peas or sugar snap peas though, and I am in 7th heaven!
I found this recipe on Pinterest, and only made a couple of small changes. It was well liked by my family and we will for sure have it again sometime!
If you try it make sure you go the extra mile and make up some homemade Fried Rice to go with it. You’ll be glad you did!
- For the Sauce:
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 5 heaping Tablespoons of brown sugar
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 12 ounces of snow peas
- 6 Tablespoons Sesame oil, divided
- 16 ounces of sliced mushrooms ( I used baby bella, white works , too!)
- 1.25 pounds of thinly sliced beef, (I actually found steak pre-sliced for sandwiches) use strip steak, flank steak, any will do.
- Fried Rice for Serving: https://anaffairfromtheheart.com/2014/10/fried-rice/
Do you follow me on Pinterest? If not, I would love to have you join me!