A little bit spicy, a little bit sweet and the perfect amount of crunch – Baked Sweet Potato Chips are everything you can imagine, and MORE!
If my family is reading this right now, I am going to come off as some sort of impostor when I say that these sweet potato chips were delicious!
You see, when it comes to sweet potatoes, I have never been a huge fan. Maybe it’s the bubbly marshmallows and brown sugar sweet potatoes at Thanksgiving that I picture? Not sure, but one way or the other, sweet potatoes and I have had some kind of disconnect.
Then I got a box of produce shipped to me and everything changed.
I was given produce from Melissa’s Produce in conjunction with #FallFlavors recipe week in exchange for this post.
SOME OF THE ITEMS BELOW CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS; I AM A PARTICIPANT IN THE AMAZON SERVICES LLC ASSOCIATES PROGRAM, AN AFFILIATE ADVERTISING PROGRAM DESIGNED TO PROVIDE A MEANS FOR US TO EARN FEES BY LINKING TO AMAZON.COM AND AFFILIATED SITES. I AM ALSO AN AFFILIATE FOR OTHER BRANDS. HOWEVER, I ONLY PROMOTE THINGS THAT I LOVE AND THINK YOU WILL LOVE, TOO. FOR MY ENTIRE DISCLOSURE POLICY PLEASE CLICK HERE.
Melissa’s Produce sent me a huge box full of all sorts of goodies! There were pears, butternut squash, apples, lemons, baby potatoes, sunflower chokes and yams.
Immediately my mind was spinning. I used every single thing in the box. Of course, though, I looked at the yams and thought – “what am I going to do with these?!”
How to make Baked Sweet Potato Chips
The method of baking potato chips really isn’t difficult. You’ll need to slice them on the thinner side, toss them in some sort of herbs/spices and coat them with some oil before baking them in an even layer on a cookie sheet until they become the desired crispness you enjoy.
Scrub sweet potatoes and peel if desired. (I half-peeled mine) Slice with a thin sharp knife or a mandoline.
Sprinkle with paprika, seasoned salt and oregano.
Combine sliced yams with oil and spices.
Spread into an even layer on your baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, flip and bake 10 minutes more. Continue the process until the chips are the desired crispness.
Watch closely so they don’t burn!
Love it? Pin it!
Don’t forget where you found this healthy recipe for Baked Sweet Potato Chips! Pin it to your favorite Pinterest recipe board before you go!
Enjoy Sweet Potato Chips with Savory Pumpkin Dip
Yesterday I posted a most delicious new dip, my Savory Pumpkin Dip with Bacon! This deliciously cheesy dip is flavored with garlic, paprika, green onion, pumpkin and bacon. It paired wonderfully with these Sweet Potato Chips! Like a match made in a heaven where everything is all fall all the time!
A Big Thank you to the sponsors, and a Giveaway, too!
The wonderful #FallFlavors sponsors have donated some awesome prizes for our readers to win. They, in conjunction with our participating bloggers and event hosts, Family Around the Table, A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures, and Hezzi D’s Books and Cooks invite you to enter the giveaway through the widget below. There are many opportunities to enter!
Dixie Crystals Sugar wants your baking to be sweet. They are giving away a set of OXO Good Grips 3 piece Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls.
Taylor and Colledge is giving away a variety of their baking pastes. Your fall and holiday baked goods will wow your family and guests.
Take dinner to a whole new level with a variety box of fresh produce from Melissa’s. Here’s an opportunity to try some fruits and vegetables you may not otherwise have in your local market.
One lucky winner will receive a goodie box with a variety of Nairn’s gluten-free products. Enjoy them for a snack or use them in creative ways for meals and desserts.
This giveaway will have multiple winners. Giveaway open to US residents only who are 18 years of age and older. Winners have 24 hours to respond to email notification. If they do not respond within that time they forfeit, and a new winner is chosen. Void where prohibited. Prize fulfillment handled by the sponsor. Neither hosts nor participant bloggers are responsible for prize fulfillment. No purchase necessary. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, or any other social channel mentioned in the posts or entry.
Follow the #FallFlavors Pinterest board for more fall recipe inspiration!
Time to grab the easy Baked Sweet Potato Chips recipe!
- 4 cups sliced yams/sweet potatoes
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 4 Tablespoons Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scrub sweet potatoes/yams and peel if desired. (I always half peel mine)
- Slice with a thin sharp knife or a mandoline.
- Combine sliced yams with oil and spices and spread into and even layer on your baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, flip and bake 10 minutes more. Continue the process until the chips are the desired crispness. Watch closely so they don't burn!
- Cool and serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 204Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 268mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 4gSugar: 2gProtein: 2g
Nutrition isn't guaranteed accurate.
Wednesday Fall Recipes
- Air Fryer Cinnamon Spice Donut Drops by Daily Dish Recipes
- Almond Shortbread Cookies by Take Two Tapas
- Apple Cider Mule by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Apple Cider Palmer by The Spiffy Cookie
- Baked Pumpkin Donut Bites by Cookaholic Wife
- Baked Sweet Potato Chips by An Affair from the Heart
- Bread Pudding with Crème Anglaise by Palatable Pastime
- Caramel Apple Bourbon Hot Toddy by Family Around the Table
- Caramel Apple Pie Ice Cream by Eat Move Make
- Caramel Apple Tea Cake by Big Bears Wife
- Cheddar Butternut Squash & Black Bean Chowder by Savory Moments
- Cranberry Walnut Salad with Caramel Apple Tea Vinaigrette by That Recipe
- Crispy Smashed Dutch Potatoes by Books n’ Cooks
- Easy Ginger Cookie Truffles by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Glazed Cherry Pie Bars by Art of Natural Living
- Hasselback Sweet Potatoes by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Lemon Lavender Scones by Blogghetti
- Meyer Lemon Lavender Cupcakes by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Mini Apple Crisp by Simple and Savory
- Pumpkin Whoopie Pie by Lemon Blossoms
- Roasted Maple Drenched Apple Pork Tenderloin Easy Recipe by Intelligent Domestications
- Roasted Sunchokes, Potatoes and Mushrooms by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Salted Caramel Swirl Chocolate Chip Cookies by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Spiced Apple Cider Mini Cheesecakes by Sweet Beginnings
- Sweet Potato Tart by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
The #FallFlavors Week giveaway is open to residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Six (6) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The #FallFlavors Week Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, or any other social channel mentioned in the #FallFlavors Week posts or entry.