Five ingredient Chicken Pesto Pizza made with fresh tomatoes. No one would ever believe that this delicious pizza was done in twenty minutes from start to finish!
Simple Chicken Pesto Pizza
This 5 ingredient meal tastes like something from a gourmet pizza place, and even better? It’s done in 20 minutes!
Meals like this make crazy busy weeknights or long lazy weekends taste like you slaved in the kitchen, but in reality, you tossed it together in no time. If you choose not to mention that part, know that your secret is always safe with me!
SOME OF THE ITEMS BELOW CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS; I AM A PARTICIPANT IN THE AMAZON SERVICES LLC ASSOCIATES PROGRAM, AN AFFILIATE ADVERTISING PROGRAM DESIGNED TO PROVIDE A MEANS FOR US TO EARN FEES BY LINKING TO AMAZON.COM AND AFFILIATED SITES. I AM ALSO AN AFFILIATE FOR OTHER BRANDS. HOWEVER, I ONLY PROMOTE THINGS THAT I LOVE AND THINK YOU WILL LOVE, TOO. FOR MY ENTIRE DISCLOSURE POLICY PLEASE CLICK HERE.
5 Ingredients in Chicken Pesto Pizza
Sure, you could make this all from scratch. Homemade pizza dough, homemade pesto, cook the chicken yourself, but why?
This simple, but oh so scrumptious recipe starts with a store-purchased pizza crust. You can use the refrigerated kind or the box kind that you mix with water. (that’s what I used)
I purchased a ball of fresh mozzarella cheese and a rotisserie chicken from the deli, along with a jar of garlic basil pesto and two Roma tomatoes.
Easy Chicken Cookbook by Sheila Thigpen
I wish I could take full credit for this amazing pesto chicken pizza recipe, but I cannot. I found it in the BRAND NEW cookbook written by my friend, and fellow food blogger, Sheila Thigpen.
Win a Copy of The Easy Chicken Cookbook for Yourself
Easy Chicken Pesto Pizza Preparation
It doesn’t get much easier than this! Done in Seven Easy Steps:
- Roll out refrigerated or boxed pizza dough onto your pizza pan, prepared with non-stick cooking spray. I prebaked my crust for 5 minutes.
- Spread garlic, basil pesto over the top of the crust. I added a little extra olive oil to mine, as I thought it was kind of thick.
- Top with sliced fresh Mozzarella cheese.
- Top with shredded rotisserie chicken.
- Add sliced Roma tomatoes.
- Drizzle a little more pesto over the tomatoes. (optional) I added a little olive oil to the crust, too.
- Bake. Cut and Serve hot.
The rotisserie chicken works great, but this pizza is also a great way to use up leftover chicken. Want to eat it meatless? Leave the chicken off altogether! It would be magnificent with artichokes, or add some more cheese, like some fresh parmesan.
I bought my Roma tomatoes at the market, but if you are lucky enough to be growing some in your garden, any variety will do. Even halved heirloom or cherry tomatoes. Those would be fantastic!
This chicken pesto pizza recipe would make an incredible flatbread or lavash. I think next time that’s exactly what I will do, and give it a sprinkling of fresh basil before I serve it up.
Do You love Pizza?
I love pizza, how about you? I especially love getting creative with it. Sure, everyone has their favorite pizza toppings, mine have always and forever will be hamburger and mushroom.
But that doesn’t mean I don’t jump at the chance to make some adventurous pies every now and again! Here are some great ways we enjoy pizza at our house:
- Reuben Pizza
- Buffalo Chicken Pizza
- Spinach Artichoke Alfredo Pizza
- Pizza Meatloaf Minis
- Open-Faced Pizza Burgers
- Hashbrown Breakfast Pizza
- Pizza Monster Sandwiches
- Pizza Dip with Garlic Bread Toasts
- Copy Cat Taco Bell Mexican Pizza
Love it? Pin it!
If you can’t wait to give this pest chicken pizza a try – don’t forget where you found it! Be sure to save it to your favorite Pinterest recipe board before you go!
Let’s get to the recipe!
- 1 refrigerated pizza crust, OR prepared box mix
- 1/3 cup Garlic, Basil Pesto Sauce, plus more for drizzling
- 1 (8 ounce) ball fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and spray a 12" pizza pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Roll pizza dough out onto prepared pizza pan, poke holes in it with a fork. Prebake for 5 minutes.
- While the crust is pre-baking, slice your cheese and tomatoes.
- Top crust with pesto sauce. I thinned mine a bit with olive oil to help it spread a little better.
- Add slices of cheese, then shredded chicken. Top with tomatoes and drizzle with more pesto sauce.
- Bake for about 13 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Slice and serve hot.
Adapted from the Easy Chicken Cookbook by Sheila Thigpen
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 317Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 46mgSodium: 508mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 18g
Nutrition isn't guaranteed accurate.