No need to make a run for the border – you can make Taco Bell’s Mexican Pizzas right in your own kitchen!
- 1-1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 packet Taco Bell Taco Seasoning (or make YOUR OWN
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 15 ounce can Fat-Free refried beans (I love the old El Paso spicy ones!), warmed
- Salsa or taco sauce, your choice, we buy the Taco Bell Taco Sauce in a bottle
- 8 - 9" flour tortillas, soft taco size
- 2 cups Shredded Mexican Cheese, divided
- tops of 4 Green Onions, sliced
- 4 Roma sized tomatoes, diced
- Sliced black olives (optional)
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
In a skillet brown your ground beef with onions and garlic, salt and pepper to taste, drain, add taco seasoning packet and 1/4 cup water and simmer for about 10 minutes.
Spray a small skillet with non-stick cooking spray and place on stove over medium heat.
Place a tortilla in skillet and let it slightly brown, and flip it to do the other side.
The kids got a kick out of watching the big bubbles!
Place them on a paper towel until you’re ready to “build” your pizzas.
We made 4 pizzas, so you will need 8 tortillas browned on both sides.
Now it’s time to BUILD your pizzas.
Place about 1/3 cup of refried beans and top with about 1/2 cup beef mixture, spread to coat.
Top with other tortilla.
Place under broiler set on low for about 5 minutes.
Remove from oven.
Spread with 2-3 Tablespoons of salsa/taco sauce.
Sprinkle with tomatoes, green onions and cheese.
Top with olives.
Broil on high for 3-5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Remove from oven, plate, slice and dig in!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1228 Total Fat: 53g Saturated Fat: 22g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 24g Cholesterol: 221mg Sodium: 2040mg Carbohydrates: 101g Fiber: 14g Sugar: 9g Protein: 85g